Question Good plugin to use alongside Timeline ?

MTK274

Reactions
Hello, i've been using timeline for a bit now, and i wanted to explore other pugins that can be good to use with Timeline, right now i'm testing the stuff from "Body Language", but for the few thing i tested, idon't think it plays good with timeline, at least for the few minutes i tried.
I'm looking for anything that can make the process of animating better/faster .

bodylanguage is a cool but ive not found it very timeline friendly either and that's not a criticism. i don't think any of those types are really meant for it although i have found Cue to be friendlier and using its dev option to mess around with.

ClockwiseSilver has a few great plugins that work well with timeline. silverBJ, HJ, Kiss

what I noticed though bj plugin wont work fully if its been activated while timeline is playing as timeline is controlling the head - if you have the headcontrol added to timeline of course and the neck and chest too if i recall. same for hj and kiss plugins

id do a short animation to move the character in to position then create a segment where the headcontrol isn't added as a target if that makes sense ? then activate the bj plugin with a trigger on the new segment.

hope that helps

Upvote 0
bodylanguage is a cool but ive not found it very timeline friendly either and that's not a criticism. i don't think any of those types are really meant for it although i have found Cue to be friendlier and using its dev option to mess around with.

ClockwiseSilver has a few great plugins that work well with timeline. silverBJ, HJ, Kiss

what I noticed though bj plugin wont work fully if its been activated while timeline is playing as timeline is controlling the head - if you have the headcontrol added to timeline of course and the neck and chest too if i recall. same for hj and kiss plugins

id do a short animation to move the character in to position then create a segment where the headcontrol isn't added as a target if that makes sense ? then activate the bj plugin with a trigger on the new segment.

hope that helps
Do you use anything particular for audio ? I've been using the audio triggers from Timeline but i feel like there's a better way.

Upvote 0
Plugins to go alongside Timeline to do what?
"Hello, i've been using timeline for a bit now, and i wanted to explore other pugins that can be good to use with Timeline, right now i'm testing the stuff from "Body Language", but for the few thing i tested, idon't think it plays good with timeline, at least for the few minutes i tried.
I'm looking for anything that can make the process of animating better/faster .
"

Anything that helps/improve animating, like the First message say.

Audio, expressions, automation, anything that just help making better animations, or just decrease the time needed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Plugins are just tools to help you create your animation project. If you don't explain a project, or a part of a project you want to improve, then any suggestion of plugins is pointless.

Is there something in your current animations that you want to change in some form? What kind of parts are they? What do you feel they are missing or could be better? And many other questions.

Upvote 0
Plugins are just tools to help you create your animation project. If you don't explain a project, or a part of a project you want to improve, then any suggestion of plugins is pointless.

Is there something in your current animations that you want to change in some form? What kind of parts are they? What do you feel they are missing or could be better? And many other questions.
Adding sound/expresision that i don't have to triggers via Timeline (like moans, slaps, expressions) The animating part with timeline that i got, but i still feel like using timeline to triggers certain sounds/expression is not the optimal way.
I can manage animating, it's more of the rest that i'm still trying to "optimize".

For now i have a couple scenes lined up as a scenario sort of speek, i used timeline for the anitaions and the bubbles + some audio/morph, but i feel like another plugin could handle sounds/expressions with timeline to make the process smoother, instead of having to go add a trigger to say "moan here' or "slap sound there"

Upvote 0
The main point is on how much control you want to have in the animation.
Some plugins can help provide some sound/expression/whatever with their own trigger rules, but there you have limited control. Maybe for some things it's ok, for others not, it all depends on your preferences. Only when you describe them in more detail, what you've been doing and how you'd prefer it to be, that plugin suggestions make sense. Until then just bringing up plugin names is pointless.

Upvote 0
Adding sound/expresision that i don't have to triggers via Timeline (like moans, slaps, expressions) The animating part with timeline that i got, but i still feel like using timeline to triggers certain sounds/expression is not the optimal way.
I can manage animating, it's more of the rest that i'm still trying to "optimize".

For now i have a couple scenes lined up as a scenario sort of speek, i used timeline for the anitaions and the bubbles + some audio/morph, but i feel like another plugin could handle sounds/expressions with timeline to make the process smoother, instead of having to go add a trigger to say "moan here' or "slap sound there"

Vammoan

I use triggers in timeline to increase Intensity levels manually to reflect the current animation. Some voices are more vocal than others with words rather than moans but theres not a lot of spoken audio so for more vocal/longer talking animations I'm using coqui xtts v2 (not a vam plugin) to make my own audio that I slip in as a timeline audio trigger but other than that vammon is active most of the time.

Cant really help with expression automation I've tried some and its hit and miss as they can change when you dont want them to, making your animation look out of sync or they just straightup look like maniacs.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom