Start plugin on pause timeline?

EnzoMatrix

Reactions
Hey folks,

I've scoured the forum and can't find a solution, is there a way to have say the gaze plugin to activate when the scene is paused? Not in timeline but outside. I'd like to turn off some plugins when playing back a mocap and then to activate when paused. I think this is causing some slowdown when having gaze on when the animation is running.

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you're ok with pressing one easy to access button/key combination, you might be able to use UIAssist or the Keybindings plugins.

For a automatic action I don't really know, perhaps the plugins around that can be set with logic and conditions, like Conditional Actions, VUML, etc?

Hmm...

Thanks! I gotta play around more. I was hoping there was a way to set up a variable playback with turning off a plugin or something but.. can't figure it out, I'll check out these conditional actions and vuml.

If you're ok with pressing one easy to access button/key combination, you might be able to use UIAssist or the Keybindings plugins.

For a automatic action I don't really know, perhaps the plugins around that can be set with logic and conditions, like Conditional Actions, VUML, etc?

Note exactly the question, but potentially relvant: Note that Gaze (at least the one included in my Life package) can be used together with Timeline. So, you can have Mocap with Gaze enabled! All you need to do is to turn off "rotation" for the HeadControl node in Timeline. So the position is controlled by Timeline/Mocap, but the rotation of the head with Gaze. What you perceive as "causing some slowdown", is likely just the plugins fighting for control...there can only be one controlling position/rotation. So its just a setup thing to figure out which plugin does what.

It is what I'm doing in my Benchmark scene, so Timeline Mocap combined with Gaze and Glance. Here is a video of an older version, the current version is too nude for Youtube ;)

Back
Top Bottom