Answered Any timeline import automation plugins?

yueliang

Reactions
Hello community

I'm trying to find plugin that can achieve following.
I've saved multiple timeline animation (json) using export feature within timeline plugin,
and would like to run with more convenient way.

Right now, to load animation, I'm doing following cumbersome steps.
1.Open timeline ui
2.In timeline ui, press "more"
3.Click "Import/Export"
4.Click "Import animation(s)"
5.Select animation json file
6.Click import
7.Play animation

I just want to play animation but I need to do 7 steps to start animation.....
If someone is familiar with scripting, I think step 1-4 can be automated, and user can select json file at 5 pop up screen, then 6 and 7 can be automated as well.

Are there such plugin?

Not animation, but for pose load automation, I'm using PoseManager plugin made by FabioDen, and it works perfectly.

Look up JayJayWon UI Assist if you don't know about it already, trust me on this. One click for loading saved animations and poses are only the tip of the iceberg with this plugin. Also browser assist makes navigating vam a lot easier that comes with a lot of features of its own.

Upvote 0
Look up JayJayWon UI Assist if you don't know about it already, trust me on this. One click for loading saved animations and poses are only the tip of the iceberg with this plugin. Also browser assist makes navigating vam a lot easier that comes with a lot of features of its own.
Yes, I have both UI Assist and BrowserAssist, and heavily using it.
But as long as I know, UI Assist don't have capability to control timeline import feature.
It does have feature to control scene animation, but not timeline animation.
I tried to use "Plugin Settings" operation, but it only allows me to "Play/Stop" operation, and not import.

Upvote 0
I may have got mixed up with browser assist importing animation from scene but that is for scene animation not timeline. You said something about pose loading, I'm sure ui/browser assist does do that. I will ask JayJayWon if he plans to add an option to import timeline animations but it could be a tricky thing to implement.

I'm assuming you want to make this easier because you want to load animations quickly in lots of different scenes? If you could elaborate on the reasons you need a shortcut I could help.

Upvote 0
I may have got mixed up with browser assist importing animation from scene but that is for scene animation not timeline. You said something about pose loading, I'm sure ui/browser assist does do that. I will ask JayJayWon if he plans to add an option to import timeline animations but it could be a tricky thing to implement.

I'm assuming you want to make this easier because you want to load animations quickly in lots of different scenes? If you could elaborate on the reasons you need a shortcut I could help.

Thank you.
After further research, I found out I can export timeline animation into scene animation.
By doing this I can leverage Fabio Dien MocapSetup plugin to automate the load much quicker.
Its not within control of timeline, but now I can achieve what I wanted to do.

Thanks for help, I will close this question.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom