Question Timeline Inconsistencies

TripleR

Reactions
I have to believe that this is something that I'm doing wrong but it's one of the most frustrating parts of animation for me right now. I was hoping that someone might have some tips for me.

The issue that I'm facing is that I'll setup multiple animations in timeline and adjust everything to be just as I want, and then when I add/create a new animation at some point down the road, suddenly the other animations are all off. It could be that the hands are no longer where I previously set them so my guy is stroking mid-air as opposed to himself. Or the hips may be slightly rotated out of place.

I've noticed that this will almost always happen if I load in a pose and set my animation keys to that pose using the AdvancedKeyframeTool>KeyframePose option to help speed up my initial pose setup. I don't know why keys that I've explicitly set are changing positions from past animations. If I had to guess then it would likely be due to changing the position/rotation settings for atoms while setting poses?

Is this something where I just need to learn to be more disciplined in my approach or is there a way to lock in an animation after getting it figured out so that nothing changes it accidentally in the future? Any tips are always appreciated! :)

As bodies have physics with joint limits and they all interact with one another, their positions will change from a little to a lot compared to the nodes' (green squares). Ideally you want the body part and the node, for example the Head and Head Control, to be close to each other to limit how much stretching you apply to the body.
What I use often when making a animation is the Pose tab, where I create a pose that I can always return to (apply pose) in case the animation deviates much from that position when using the scrubber (time axis).

Upvote 0
As bodies have physics with joint limits and they all interact with one another, their positions will change from a little to a lot compared to the nodes' (green squares). Ideally you want the body part and the node, for example the Head and Head Control, to be close to each other to limit how much stretching you apply to the body.
What I use often when making a animation is the Pose tab, where I create a pose that I can always return to (apply pose) in case the animation deviates much from that position when using the scrubber (time axis).
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! That tip on using the Pose Tab is exactly what I needed! Just by saving the pose on each animation, my animations seem to be more stable now. You're saving me so much time and frustration. I appreciate you taking the time to post, Atani! :)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom