Question Timeline help

holdthemilk

Reactions
So I am trying to use Acid Bubbles timeline program to create a continuous walking animation. I currently have a walking animation that starts at one position and ends about 5 feet away from the starting point in the forward walking direction. What I am trying to do is repeat the animation but I want it to start at the end position or at the 5 foot mark and continue to 10 feet and so on. Does anybody know how to do this? I know the Synthia program does this, but a lot of times the animations have are delayed so I would rather do this in timeline.

Hi! Walking animations are hard to get right :) You have two options; what you did, i.e. keep the root in place and move nodes forward, but this cannot be looped (at least with current functionality). Walk cycles need to actually move in-place while the root moves forward, see this for example: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/walk-cycles.3163/

Upvote 0
Hi! Walking animations are hard to get right :) You have two options; what you did, i.e. keep the root in place and move nodes forward, but this cannot be looped (at least with current functionality). Walk cycles need to actually move in-place while the root moves forward, see this for example: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/walk-cycles.3163/

Yes these are amazing and the actual reason why I wanted to use timeline over synthia. Plus I would have to convert these to bvh for synthia but timeline seriously is where its at! Synthia is still a great tool though.

So I actually tried the following but I haven't cemented the results yet.
1. Either create a trigger target event in timeline or use nodealign to bind a collision trigger atom to each toe.
2. Add discrete actions to either method in step #1 and (a) detach the main person control node, (b) use the nodealign plugin to align the now detached control node via "execute" and (c) re-attach the main person control node now in the new updated position. I figured if I have the triggers occur before the animation transition then it should work but...

When I try to run it this way the actions do execute but for some reason the animation will not continue to the next animation when I select it to play next in the sequence tab. It kind of works when you add blend time but that obviously can't be a solution because your blending two animations going in different directions. So I am stumped at the moment...

Then I thought as a last resort to simply use a controller or keyboard input to just move the main person controller while the walking animations play. Where the key inputs would start the walking animations and then stop with no inputs or controller movements. So is there a plugin that exists where you can either use a controller to map with the main person control node or are their keyboard shortcuts that do this? Thanks everybody for your 5, 10 or 20 cents.

Upvote 0
Keep in mind that the shared walking animation has a PC license, in case you want to later share a scene with it. Bit of a bummer, such fluid animation, begging to be reused 😥

Upvote 0
why i can"t see the contorlers path in target tabs after version 275 even though i select the ui option?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom