Question [Timeline] Trigger to play next SEGMENT?

VAMSOY

Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
VAMSOY
Is there a way to set up a trigger that plays the next segment stored in the timeline? I can only find the trigger function of playing the next animation within the same segment.

Here is what I am trying to achieve in detail:

Let's say I have 10 segments created in Timeline with different animations. I want to use 1 single UI button to progress through those segments when clicked. Ex. If segment 3 is playing, when I click the UI button, it should tell Timeline to play Segment 4. If Segment 6 is playing, the UI button should start segment 7 instead. So I don't have to create 10 different UI buttons.

I've searched around and didn't see a way to achieve this with VAM's built-in functions. Perhaps I need a more advanced plugin to achieve this?

Thanks!

Solution
I don't think you can trigger next segment, but you can always use SequenceChoice brick, its awesome, it will do exactly what you want, one button to do everything, but you will have to set it up first :unsure:
I don't think you can trigger next segment, but you can always use SequenceChoice brick, its awesome, it will do exactly what you want, one button to do everything, but you will have to set it up first :unsure:

Upvote 0
Solution
Perfect! It seems the sequenceChoice is exactly what I was looking for, thanks man!

Upvote 0
Hey Guys..
I came here looking for answers to a closely related question regarding segment-change with triggers;

I think I am "sort-of" able to change segments with triggers, so here is some pictures:
IMG_20240307_223750.jpg

IMG_20240307_223521.jpg

IMG_20240307_223545.jpg

-But, I am a noob!
And it's possible that I completely misunderstood the original riddle!
In that case, sorry..

My problem with this method, however, is that it is not an instant teleport?
The persons "fly" through the air, towards their new start-poses, allowing for alot of psysics explosions and deformations, when they collide with the sorroundings.
But when I click 2x 'stop' in timeline, the persons instantly teleports to their right poses..

Anyone know how to get the instant switch the first time?
Preferable with trigger(s)?
Any help would be apreciated! Thx

Attachments

• IMG_20240307_223750.jpg
    IMG_20240307_223750.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hey Guys..
I came here looking for answers to a closely related question regarding segment-change with triggers;

I think I am "sort-of" able to change segments with triggers, so here is some pictures:
View attachment 342541
View attachment 342542
View attachment 342543

-But, I am a noob!
And it's possible that I completely misunderstood the original riddle!
In that case, sorry..

My problem with this method, however, is that it is not an instant teleport?
The persons "fly" through the air, towards their new start-poses, allowing for alot of psysics explosions and deformations, when they collide with the sorroundings.
But when I click 2x 'stop' in timeline, the persons instantly teleports to their right poses..

Anyone know how to get the instant switch the first time?
Preferable with trigger(s)?
Any help would be apreciated! Thx
To keep from flying through the air use the Pose tab in timeline & "Apply pose on transition". It does exactly like it sounds and loads the recorded pose (typically the 1st keyframe in the segment animation). There is still a little bounce of hair and stuff but you won't have that physic explosion issue anymore.

Upvote 0
To keep from flying through the air use the Pose tab in timeline & "Apply pose on transition". It does exactly like it sounds and loads the recorded pose (typically the 1st keyframe in the segment animation). There is still a little bounce of hair and stuff but you won't have that physic explosion issue anymore.
Thank you! 🙏
That is so obvious, now that I know

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom