How to use Hand Tracking in VAM | 2.0 (Quest)

Guides How to use Hand Tracking in VAM | 2.0 (Quest)

This solved my issue. Thank you for your patience and help. I hope everyone can profit from my case.
Nice glad it works!
Can you explain how you got the individual fingers tracked? All I seem to get is the two basic grab poses. Plus I notice jittering. Did you find this too?
Ta!
Please follow as the other guy has above to get your proper hand tracking and see

Hey

Thank you for the manuel. I did it exactly like described, unfortunately steam crashed every time i load a scene :-( i use a quest 3, that should work also i guess?
SteamVR has some crashing issues unfortunately, not related to this but just VAM & SteamVR. Lower graphics settings, and don't change the screen or turn on the SteamVR Menu while inside VAM are some tips

Thanks for this! Can you post the steam link for the controller bindings pls? I can't find them or figure out how to add them manually.

Hello, it works with SteamVR but why not with VDXR which is lighter without Steam and therefore more efficient for me

Thanks for this! Can you post the steam link for the controller bindings pls? I can't find them or figure out how to add them manually.
I'm not sure how to share Steam Bindings via links tbh, do you know how?

Hello, it works with SteamVR but why not with VDXR which is lighter without Steam and therefore more efficient for me
Unfortunately you have to use SteamVR because of the way it works with "controllers". You can use Foveated plugin to get more performance out of it with SteamVR though.

Also, VDXR does NOT work with VAM. I think you're thinking of Oculus Runtime + Virtual desktop :)

This tutorial is great and I've got everything setup. The problem for me is that the pinch is too sensitive and grabs even if I just close my hands a little bit. Anyone else have this issue? I've tried reducing the finger tracking factor but doesn't seem to help as the hands just don't close properly.

This tutorial is great and I've got everything setup. The problem for me is that the pinch is too sensitive and grabs even if I just close my hands a little bit. Anyone else have this issue? I've tried reducing the finger tracking factor but doesn't seem to help as the hands just don't close properly.
Yup having this exact same issue. Tried a number of things to disable it but no luck so far.

Thank you very much for the guide, I would like to ask you a question, can the finger animation movement trajectory capture the "timeline"? I sincerely hope you can answer this question to me. Thank you!

Thank you very much for the guide, I would like to ask you a question, can the finger animation movement trajectory capture the "timeline"? I sincerely hope you can answer this question to me. Thank you!
No worries, I know some people who have used it for recording movement, I haven't done it myself though so

Can't quite figure things out. Does this absolutely need steam vr? Will I not be able to do this launching with VD?

微信图片_20240604213257.png
微信图片_20240604213249.png

Hello, I am a VAM player from China. I bought Quest 3 last year and found your Quest gesture recognition guide while browsing the Hub. I followed the instructions in your guide to set up gesture recognition in VAM and Quest 3, but it still didn't work. In the end, I found a strange error. In the "Manage Additional Components" section of SteamVR, the "Virtual Desktop Streamer (Quest)" option was not available, and I thought that might be why gesture recognition was not enabled. After trying to uninstall Steam and reinstall it, it still didn't work. Every time I try to start SteamVR using Quest 3's VD, a pop-up window appears on the desktop. After entering VAM, I still cannot start gesture recognition normally. Do you have any ideas on how to solve this problem? The two pictures are screenshots of my SteamVR "Manage Additional Components" page and the pop-up window that appears when I try to start SteamVR using Quest 3's VD.

I tried ALVR first and, while it works as well, I will say that Virtual Desktop is a far better experience and is well worth the cost. With a wifi 6 router, there is no noticeable lag or difference compared to the link cable. This allows me to charge the Quest 3 while playing with a better charger and play for as long as I'd like, compared to my motherboard which apparently only outputs 2-3 watts which isn't enough to maintain the battery. Remote connections work great as well for streaming the desktop, and possibly non-vr gaming, but Steam VR isn't playable remotely unfortunately. Thanks for the guide!

Hello, I am a VAM player from China. I bought Quest 3 last year and found your Quest gesture recognition guide while browsing the Hub. I followed the instructions in your guide to set up gesture recognition in VAM and Quest 3, but it still didn't work. In the end, I found a strange error. In the "Manage Additional Components" section of SteamVR, the "Virtual Desktop Streamer (Quest)" option was not available, and I thought that might be why gesture recognition was not enabled. After trying to uninstall Steam and reinstall it, it still didn't work. Every time I try to start SteamVR using Quest 3's VD, a pop-up window appears on the desktop. After entering VAM, I still cannot start gesture recognition normally. Do you have any ideas on how to solve this problem? The two pictures are screenshots of my SteamVR "Manage Additional Components" page and the pop-up window that appears when I try to start SteamVR using Quest 3's VD.
I think that is a very specific Virtual Desktop problem, you can try asking in Virtual Desktop discord

Hey, I've got a leap motion v2 but it's no good... :confused:

Anyone have any idea if it's better than the Leap Motion 2? (For motion capture finger).
I don't have VD.

?

I like this alot but it keeps grabbing when I don't want it to. Is there a way to stop grabbing?

Uncheck the box in setting (Pinch Grab) i think.
I have the same issue, it keeps grabbing random things and people, messing up the scenes, unchecking that box doesn't work unfortunately
Neither does unchecking the "interactable in play" checkbox for the persons and objects, for some reason it will still grab them randomly

I have the same issue, it keeps grabbing random things and people, messing up the scenes, unchecking that box doesn't work unfortunately
Neither does unchecking the "interactable in play" checkbox for the persons and objects, for some reason it will still grab them randomly
1722932042394.jpeg

In SteamVR bindings disable Interact with UI on Single button to disable "Grab". Adjust on your own customization and use, it will be different from my profiles after this

I like this alot but it keeps grabbing when I don't want it to. Is there a way to stop grabbing?
I think I might have figured something out

I managed to reproduce this Grabbing issue, the only time it happens is when I have a hand "hidden" or "Enabled is off"
Try enabling all of them, restart everything and see. After everything was enabled, I no longer accidentally grabbed things

Also this is while using my VamX SteamVR profile, and of course having good lighting and clean lenses

1723793704536.png

Back
Top Bottom