Question How to pose models easily?

dremwav1

Reactions
Hello I am still a total beginner, I play in desktop mode and I'm wondering if there is a plugin or a way to pose your models easily and faster without having to manually go through a list of body parts in the select tab in the person atom. I dont have vr and have never tried it (I dont think my pc can manage vr anyway), but I assume the easiest way is using a VR?

When working in Desktop mode you may want to experiment a bit with productivity plugins. Actually I work most of the time in Desktop mode, despite having VR available.
  • Keybindings (by AcidBubbles) allows you, among lots of other things, to select bodyparts via hotkey. E.g. I made a config for it where bodyparts are mapped to the numpad, so you can switch quickly.
  • PowerHandles (by myself) is also something that may be helping. It allows for more precise work, reducing acidental movement a lot. Esspecially in crowded areas of your scene with lots of atoms in a small area.

Upvote 0
but I assume the easiest way is using a VR?

VaM is/was made and optimized for VR. There are many things you can do more intuitive in VR, where you can simply bow you head and body to look at the backside, plus two more controllers/hands to use tools at the same time. Think of hair styling, for instance. IMHO it is the perfect 3d-space navigation, recreating the natural human movement.
To show you an opposite point of view: I only and solely work in VR-mode. ;)
BUT there are also many users who find it more easy to use the desktop mode! Maybe you would be one of them, too? It is up to you personal taste.

Here is an other interesting new plugin, I would find very helpful, if I would use the desktop mode:

Upvote 0
Thank you guys for the suggested plugins, the powerhandles plugin is great, but the ViewAlign plugin looks more amazing with the included keybinds. I will try these out thank you

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom