How to create an audiobundle?

NtamaC

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I'm amping up my VAM skills to start creating some content and I'm getting stuck on something rather basic with audio:

Thanks to @MacGruber and the amazing Life and Breathing plugins, one can bring scenes alive relatively easily. The Breathing plugin seems to rely on audiobundles and I can't figure out how to create them or edit existing ones.

So a few questions along these lines:
- Is it possible to change the Breathing plugin to work on files outside of audiobundles similar to the RandomSound plugin?
- How does one create an audiobundle from within VAM? Unless I'm missing something, the Package Manager doesn't do this
- If audio bundles are created outside of VAM, what tools are required and are there any free / low cost options? (i.e. I don't want to pay for expensive software just to bundle sounds)

And if anyone wants bonus points:
- what are some of the best sources for sounds that I can package with "CC BY" or similar licensing?

Thanks in advance for any pointers
NtamaC

These "AudioBundles" are not a VaM or Unity concept, I just needed to make up a name to avoid people confusing them with a regular Unity AssetBundle. These are just Unity AssetBundle containing audio data. However, Life requires a JSON file inside the bundle with a lot of timing and other meta data on each individual audio file. This is very time consuming to make. However, I made a tutorial that explains what needs to be done. Note that it is for an older version of Life, but the format did not change.

Hi @MacGruber - I read your most excellent tutorial this morning and that's precisely what I needed. Overall this doesn't sound too difficult so I'm gonna give it a go. I was originally looking at adding individual breath-in and breath-out transition actions to accomplish this. Your approach is way easier and reusable. Thanks again for the awesome plugins and docs ... great stuff!

Back
Top Bottom