Create vamtimeline plugin animation from scene animation?

Battletoad08

Reactions
There is alot of dance animations that were made in the scene timeline that id like to use in another scene on a specific character without disrupting the scenes normal timeline. If somehow you could use acidbubbles vamtimeline to convert scene recording to vamtimeline animations it would be very helpful to me. Is this possible? Maybe im having a hard time explaining it.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

I guess you need some basic Timeline knowledge. I mean the things called "Targets" in Timeline. Add and select those you want before hitting the import button.

I have another question tho. Im my scene im making the girl I want to make dance starts off with scene timeline animations sitting with the guy and doing various stuff. Then after making her stand, when I activate the acidbubbles vamtimeline plugin she warps into a different place and starts the dance. I need her to do the dance exactly where she is when the plugin is enabled. Is that possible? If not I guess I cant do it this way?

If I click detatch the person root control I can move the root control, but soon as I click re attatch the person moves to it. If I could move that root control around I could place it in a spot where the person doesnt get dragged to a new spot when the acidbubble timelime is enabled. I cant see tho figure it out. My girl stands up 2 feet from the guy and then when I have the plugin enabled she warps 3 feet away and starts to dance there. Id like her to stay where she is and start dancing.

Last edited:
I found a work around for now but had to remake the first part of the animation. Deselect all nodes except the head and drag the girl where you want her, the root control wont follow. Pose her how you want and and start an animation. You need to try to get it close to the position of the root to the person of the animation you used so it wont warp anywhere. It was a little trial and error with a short start hand recorded animation.

I hope this makes sense to people lol. It would be easier tho to just move the root control without moving the person.

Sorry I made 2 posts about this.

@Battletoad08 yeah Timeline animations are relative to the root control, so if you pose moves _away_ from the root, Timeline won't follow because it cannot guess "where" the model is. I have in my backlog to allow "moving whole animations" but it's not available yet. Another thing that you could do is re-parent everything to an empty to you can move the empty instead of the root control.

I may found another solution: Go to the acid Timeline Plugin, select a animation unter TAB Animation, then TAB Targets, then select on the right side controlle and uncheck Position and Rotation. I can move the Person then free.

Back
Top Bottom