How can I pack different animations into one scene?

Dub139

Reactions
How can I pack different animations into one scene? So far I have always built a scene for each animation. If I want to go to the next animation, I always have to load a completely new scene... which can take a long time. Is there a possibility to change the animations in a scene without long loading times? thanks

Yes, you can do that with Timeline plugin. Transfer your animations to timeline, "save pose" for each animation, enable "load pose" on animation start
You can save/export your timeline animations in timeline format so you can import it later on in any scene you want

cool thank you! But now i have another problem. I can export the timeline animation and its all fine.... but when i add a new person and want to add the timeline plugin, i cant find that plugin in my folder. all the other plugins are there!? I have deleted all old versions of the timeline plugin and have just the newst in my folder (X:\VAM\Custom\Scripts\AcidBubbles.Timeline.252.var)
Whats the problem here? thanks

Timeline 6 has a new feature (segments) that does exactly that. It's beta now and will be soon-ish public (and free), here's the features: https://www.patreon.com/posts/66026030 (I'm not saying you should be a patron, this is just the list of stuff that's coming). If you can be a little bit patient, this (in my opinion) completely solves the problem of having multiple animations in a scene.

In the meantime, you can also look at the pose feature, like @yasparukko said: https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-timeline/wiki/Pose

For your problem, I'm guessing you did "reload packages"? If so, any "new" plugin added after launching vam will show up at the very end of the list. If you restart VaM they will show up in the expected order.

How many timeline plugins can I use per scene? I have 5 in my scene. Saving issues, Json won't save. Or it seems to not like animations over 2.5 mins long. Not sure. What's the best way to do this? Maybe I'll try using one plunging and import each as a segment.

How many timeline plugins can I use per scene? I have 5 in my scene. Saving issues, Json won't save. Or it seems to not like animations over 2.5 mins long. Not sure. What's the best way to do this? Maybe I'll try using one plunging and import each as a segment.
Try to use reduce keyframes before you save, 2.5 min shouldn't be a problem :unsure:

Yep, however the latest version Meshed released should help, as I'll be able to cram from keyframes in the same space (it should already be much better at handling large data). But 1k keyframes per second is a lot of data, so yeah Reduce is definitely something to consider to lower the resolution of the animation to something that makes more sense for that length :)

Back
Top Bottom