How to Export/Save a Scene for VAMhub?

Jimmichoochoo

Reactions
Hi guys,

I've exhausted all options of finding this information anywhere, so I must ask for some help.

I just finished off a cool scene. How do I (in detail?) Export, or Save it and put it publicly on the Hub for others to enjoy?

(Also; so that it includes the characters/looks/assets etc. that have been used in the scene)

Content uploaded to the hub is all in VAR format. There is a package builder in the main ui. Here are some guides to get you started.

@Jimmichoochoo please go through your scene and revert as many custom package morphs to built-in morphs, where possible. Please make sure all clothing items come from the original creator of the clothing items, not some other scene that happens to use them. These are the most common causes of an out of control dependency list. You can see this in Package Manager. Try to make sure all the assets used are hub-hosted, so your var will also get the hub-hosted tag. This increases the number of people who will see it.

Content uploaded to the hub is all in VAR format. There is a package builder in the main ui. Here are some guides to get you started.

Thanks! I found the second link on my own, but somehow missed the first one - that helped! Thanks!

One problem, I'm using a custom look (is Free on VAM Hub), but it doesn't seem to export the morphs for face and body for this, as if the custom look just isn't getting exported/included in the VAR.

I looked in every folder for a file to include when packing the VAR, but I was not able to find anything for the missing morphs / custom look?

Any advice?

When you click Prepare Package, it comes back with a list of things (usually from other vars) that are not included. You're supposed to click on the Fix All button. Then it should be clean. Check the size of the var.depend.txt file. If that has 200 lines, you still have work to do.

When it's all done, test the var in a separate, clean install of Vam. Let the clean instance download all the dependencies, then make sure it works as intended, with no error messages. Then you're good to go.

When you click Prepare Package, it comes back with a list of things (usually from other vars) that are not included. You're supposed to click on the Fix All button. Then it should be clean. Check the size of the var.depend.txt file. If that has 200 lines, you still have work to do.

When it's all done, test the var in a separate, clean install of Vam. Let the clean instance download all the dependencies, then make sure it works as intended, with no error messages. Then you're good to go.

First of all, I really do appreciate your help, thank you!

After I click Prepare Package, it shows the references license report list, here together with all the other plugins etc. used, I see the Free Look listed. It's also mentioned in the var.depend.txt file, it just doesn't seem to automatically download it. Perhaps it's a user error on my end. Or is it because I'm not installing the .VAR from within the HUB, so the dependence of the look isn't then automaticcally added to the download? (As when I click download all)?

So perhaps everything was done correctly, I'm just not used to working with manually installing a VAR file on a new vam (I usually use the hub and click download all)?

If you put the new var in a clean install, then start Vam in that install, go to the hub browser and check for missing packages. It should show all your dependencies and let you download them, if they're hub hosted. That's part of the test.

Back
Top Bottom