How can I integrate my interactive stroker with VAM?

Trueman

Reactions
I'm fully convinced that VAM is the ultimate solution for virtual sex, with incredible creations from all over the world.

I've seen people use VR mode and trackers to follow body or dildo movements, simulating thrusting (similar to the second solution in this article: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/how-to-have-vr-sex.14081/ ).

I'm curious if people can use a stroker and experience interaction in desktop mode without any VR equipment. I'm currently working on a stroker that can detect penetration depth and velocity, where the stroker movement and penetration depth signals can be transmitted to any mouse movement or keyboard key.

I'm unsure of how to apply my stroker to VAM in either VR or desktop mode. Any suggestions? Thank you!

There is something to do the inverse, OSR (Open Stroker Robot) that uses a plugin script in VaM to follow the movement of a person atom and replicate that IRL with servo control of an automated stroker.
So if you already have the inputs going into your PC the only thing left is to write a script that translates those into motion in VaM.
The OSR uses a serial port interface to send data out of the PC, but you would need to flip that and have data sent into the PC instead. That shouldn't be too hard.
I think the guy doing OSR is TempestVR or something, maybe check that out and have a look at his scripting. Hell, he might even be interested in working with you to integrate things into the OSR code so he can add position feedback into the open designs.
Good luck!

Thank you for the insight. I will look into it! Appreciate it!!

There is something to do the inverse, OSR (Open Stroker Robot) that uses a plugin script in VaM to follow the movement of a person atom and replicate that IRL with servo control of an automated stroker.
So if you already have the inputs going into your PC the only thing left is to write a script that translates those into motion in VaM.
The OSR uses a serial port interface to send data out of the PC, but you would need to flip that and have data sent into the PC instead. That shouldn't be too hard.
I think the guy doing OSR is TempestVR or something, maybe check that out and have a look at his scripting. Hell, he might even be interested in working with you to integrate things into the OSR code so he can add position feedback into the open designs.
Good luck!

I'm unsure of how to apply my stroker to VAM in either VR or desktop mode. Any suggestions? Thank you!
If VR is an option, the easiest way is to just duct-tape a VR controller to your stroker. In VaM "possess" the virtual replica (e.g. a fleshlight model, the hip control of a character, etc.). Moving things in the real world moves them in VaM, simple. For ideal results you likely want to add some "Empty" atom to your world and parent your VaM object to it. Then you possess the Empty atom instead. The benefit is that you can have some offset for better positioning.

You can also make VaM talk to external software (via network). That would work in both, VR and Desktop mode. Such software could be running locally on your PC or also on something like an Raspberry PI or Arduino. E.g. here is my Connect plugin, which you could use as a starting point for Raspberry PI. The above mentioned OSR uses Arduino, I think. However, this so far can only talk VaM => External, not the other way around. But that isn't a technical limitation, to my knowledge just nobody implemented that, yet. Nothing too difficult with some coding skills.

Thank you for the information!

I am just wondering whether someone made plugins allowing us to control the actions in VAM through external masturbators.

If VR is an option, the easiest way is to just duct-tape a VR controller to your stroker. In VaM "possess" the virtual replica (e.g. a fleshlight model, the hip control of a character, etc.). Moving things in the real world moves them in VaM, simple. For ideal results you likely want to add some "Empty" atom to your world and parent your VaM object to it. Then you possess the Empty atom instead. The benefit is that you can have some offset for better positioning.

You can also make VaM talk to external software (via network). That would work in both, VR and Desktop mode. Such software could be running locally on your PC or also on something like an Raspberry PI or Arduino. E.g. here is my Connect plugin, which you could use as a starting point for Raspberry PI. The above mentioned OSR uses Arduino, I think. However, this so far can only talk VaM => External, not the other way around. But that isn't a technical limitation, to my knowledge just nobody implemented that, yet. Nothing too difficult with some coding skills.

Back
Top Bottom