Question Hips movement issue

fosterMCnuggets

Reactions
Dear VAMmers, I've stumbled upon an issue while morphing a look, for some reason model consistently starts to jiggle around the scene if I move/rotate its hips. There's like tension in the hip area that is only stable in T-pose. I've recorded an example you can watch below. If you are familiar with this kind of behaviour let me know how to fix it or where to check. Thank you

I had a look that would do this too. it's stable now. I think my problem was morph setting issue either at the jaw neckline or hip leg line. it stopped after I adjusted both areas. It also had like a doll looking hip joint when the leg was raised . I would look at the hip leg morphs and tweak any morphs that are maybe "overly " morphed . Good Luck

Upvote 0
problem is that thing reveals only when I move the model =(
yea i was just thinking that would be a way to save as much of the look until you find the problematic morph or combination of morphs. and someone may come along with a more experienced eye and spot the problem from the clip you provided . :)

Upvote 0
Never saw this effect as strong as in your example. Wow!
You maybe want to take a look at the Collider Editor Plugin.
Using this, you can make the otherwise invisible geometric colliders visible.
As you may know that jiggling and exploding comes from the physics engine going mad.
Maybe there are some of the colliders interfering with each other.
The colliders are being scaled and moved by morphs, until the morph is too extreme.
Like DTB247 said, dialing in and out the used morphs is time consumpting but a good way to find the issue.
Maybe also interesting: To "smooth out" body shapes that were getting too extreme with hundreds of morphs, I usually use Morph Mass Manager and blend over my extreme shape with a standard shaped figure for some percent.

Upvote 0
Further inspection showed that any genital rotation morphs have a huge impact on model stability and should be used carefully. Lesson learned, thanks everyone for help😘

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom