Question Speech Bubble Issue

Reactions
I've been able to figure out how to add speech bubbles and time them appropriately in a scene that has existing "scene animation" accessible from the Main UI menu.

BUT...when i try to add speech bubbles and set the trigger start times in seconds to scenes that have animation that is NOT accessible via "scene animation", I'm having issues. When I Add Animation Trigger to create a speech bubble, the Trigger Start Time stays at 0.00 seconds and I cannot edit this. Therefore, when I add multiple speech bubbles in this scenario, all my speech bubbles play simultaneously at 0.00 seconds and I cannot space them out appropriately. Any idea how to solve this?

If that non "scene animation" is done with Timeline you can just add the trigger for speech bubbles in the trigger track of the playing animation.
I'm not sure this is what you mean, though. Are there some screenshots or pointers you can share to explain what happens or doesn't happen in that scene?

Upvote 0
If that non "scene animation" is done with Timeline you can just add the trigger for speech bubbles in the trigger track of the playing animation.
I'm not sure this is what you mean, though. Are there some screenshots or pointers you can share to explain what happens or doesn't happen in that scene?
for example, i'm currently in a scene that uses the auto thruster plugin for animation which can be accessed via the male model's plugins. i do not see anywhere within that plugin where i can add speech bubbles. so in this case, i would go to the main UI and click on "scene animation" and add speech bubbles there. however, it will not allow me to edit the Trigger Start Timestep because (i'm assuming) there are no animations there to trigger the start of the speech bubble to. so i can add one speech bubble that will start when i click the Play button, but if i add more than one speech bubble here, it plays them all at the same time and i cannot time them out properly.

Upvote 0
If you want to use Scene Animation for triggering speech bubbles you need to set a animation length first, after that you can make a speech bubble trigger go at 3 seconds in, 1 minute in, etc. This is done in the tab Edit > Desired length > Set to desired length.
Attached is an example.

You can also use other methods like Timeline, Animation Patterns, etc., there's many way to set triggers.

Attachments

• speechbubbles.json
    121 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
If you want to use Scene Animation for triggering speech bubbles you need to set a animation length first, after that you can make a speech bubble trigger go at 3 seconds in, 1 minute in, etc. This is done in the tab Edit > Desired length > Set to desired length.
Attached is an example.

You can also use other methods like Timeline, Animation Patterns, etc., there's many way to set triggers.
thank you!!! i knew it had to be something simple like that. :)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom