• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Height Measure Plugin

Plugins Height Measure Plugin 0.39

It was none of the above. I had render resolution at 2x (no idea why).
I would have never guessed that. I will have to experiment with render scale and see if it is something I can work around at some point. Thank you for letting me know.

Can you add the option to change to feet instead of centimeters? or is that already an option and I haven't figured out how to change it.

Can you add the option to change to feet instead of centimeters? or is that already an option and I haven't figured out how to change it.

There should be a unit display option in the plugin settings screen of the newest versions of the plugin. I’ve added a couple. You can pick exactly inches or feet, or the more general “us” “metric” which will show inches and feet together.

“Heads” is another option to show how far apart things are in head heights for the art nerds.

One more tip. Make all your plugin settings like units, color, show/hide and stuff. Then save it as a plugin preset for quick loading later on.

One more tip. Make all your plugin settings like units, color, show/hide and stuff. Then save it as a plugin preset for quick loading later on.
Lol was the first thing I did. Just needed to find out how to change the unit's measurement display. Thanks, ill look again.

Hi,
Thank you for your great plugin!
I have some ideas, but unfortunately I am no programmer.
When I do my looks with many(!) morphs, I am often unsure about the body proportions.
Now I am using your great plugin, plus a pocket calculator and a sheet of paper to write down the values... My idea is to automatize that process and to deliver some additional informations about proportions.
There are many of those so called "anatomic rules of the ideal body". Most famous is the head/body index, but there are many more. Some examples from memory only:

Head/body length = 1/5 Toddler, 1/6 child, 1/7 adult, 1/8 supermodel (hero type).
Arms left fingertips to right fingertips = height.
Leg length / height : under 0.4 = short legs, 0.4 - 0.5 = normal, over 0.5 = long legs.
Arm length = fingertips on mid of thighs
Shin length = thigh length
Foot length = forearm length
Pubic area = mid of body.
Body proportions X - form, O - form, rectangle -form, A - form, V - form (athletic) = shoulder / breast / waist / hip proportions.

Would be great to have an additional display that shows some of those calculations in clear text:
like for instance head/body index = 9 "head too small (default range is X)", =6 "your figure is a child - head to small (default range is X)".
leg index = 0.38 "Short legs (normal range is X)", "arms too long", "upper body too short", "hands too small", "Athletic (V) type", a.s.o.

Or maybe only some color codes like calculated values in blue for higher than default, red for lower than default plus the default values to compare.

There will be many people shouting for instance "but in Japan the ideal leg length is xyz"... Maybe we could have some sliders and presets to set the desired default ranges in the options!

I can help with searching for those rules, but can't do the programing work ... I already took a look at the code :-(

P.S: I would like to second the request for "foot length" and would like to add things like "arms length", "hands length", "shoulder width"...

Edit:
The vertical proportions, as we have them now, are very intersting, because they are moreorless the same with male/female. For the horizontal proportions we now have only those circumferences at breast, hip, waist (whereas I got some weired values sometimes). Would be great to have lines for shoulder wide, hip wide, head wide, waist wide, too, if possible. I love those markings for the face - maybe we could have them for the body, too?

Last edited:
I'm still getting the "lines appear but actual measurements don't" thing. Physics are set right, I've mucked about with render qualities.

I assume no changes in the reproducibility of such a thing? I'd be happy to work with you to try to nail down what's going on, maybe a test build or two?

You should add an offset option for the "auto height guide line" because it's always a litter bit higher than it should, messing up with the measures.

If you scale up or down the character, the measures will get messed up, just a heads up.
Didn't know that, thanks. You mean the other body measures, right? Because height seems to be correct, comparing it to the height measure thingy (another asset on the hub).

Yup, meant stuff like cup size and such.

The scale stuff is interesting to know. I will have to move that slider around and experiment.

I have seen my plugin suddenly stop ignoring changes to things like scale or morph changes.

Sometimes changing scale works just fine. Sometimes not. It seems to have to do with the soft body physics settings internally getting "wierd". I have had some success fixing glitches with my plugin by turning on and off soft body physics in the main menu, in the F Breast physics tab, in the Control & Physics 1 tab, and also making sure that time is not frozen, or even just reloading the whole program fresh.

Sorry about not having a good answer or any solid fix =(

TLDR: Maybe this is too much detail, but the way I am measuring positions is to actually find the exact points on the mesh of triangles that map to certain features. Like point 123456 might be the right nipple for example. My goal is to find point 123456 position AFTER all morphs are applied so that I know a real position. Unfortunately, the VaM internals I am using do not always give me the right position with all of the calculations but other times it does. Right now I feel dumb and am stumped.

The scale stuff is interesting to know. I will have to move that slider around and experiment.

I have seen my plugin suddenly stop ignoring changes to things like scale or morph changes.

Sometimes changing scale works just fine. Sometimes not. It seems to have to do with the soft body physics settings internally getting "wierd". I have had some success fixing glitches with my plugin by turning on and off soft body physics in the main menu, in the F Breast physics tab, in the Control & Physics 1 tab, and also making sure that time is not frozen, or even just reloading the whole program fresh.

Sorry about not having a good answer or any solid fix =(

TLDR: Maybe this is too much detail, but the way I am measuring positions is to actually find the exact points on the mesh of triangles that map to certain features. Like point 123456 might be the right nipple for example. My goal is to find point 123456 position AFTER all morphs are applied so that I know a real position. Unfortunately, the VaM internals I am using do not always give me the right position with all of the calculations but other times it does. Right now I feel dumb and am stumped.
Dont worry about it, your plugin is a godsend for people with size fetish (specially penis and height)! And thanks for the tips on the fix, I'll try it.

Also, any chance to include foot size on the future?

Congrats, it's a great plugin

Could you add an EU bra size table as well? (Cup sizes increase every 2cm circumference difference) ...or maybe there is the option to add tables already, idk ...have to check in detail

I really like this plugin, but it suddenly just stopped working for me, and I don't know how best to debug it. I had a saved scene with this plugin in use to pull in new models and check their stats. I load the scene and now the plugin isn't displaying visually. I tried reloading the plugin, I tried disabling and re-enabling the plugin. I tried removing and re-adding the plugin, I opened a new default scene and adding the plugin! I cannot get the plugin to show anything visually anymore, and there are no errors coming up either.

I really like this plugin, but it suddenly just stopped working for me, and I don't know how best to debug it. I had a saved scene with this plugin in use to pull in new models and check their stats. I load the scene and now the plugin isn't displaying visually. I tried reloading the plugin, I tried disabling and re-enabling the plugin. I tried removing and re-adding the plugin, I opened a new default scene and adding the plugin! I cannot get the plugin to show anything visually anymore, and there are no errors coming up either.

Oh no! This plugin is very sensitive to things (in odd ways that I do not even always understand).

A couple of things to try:
- make sure these are all on:
-- soft body physics in main UI
-- soft body physics in Person Control & Physics 1
-- soft body physics in Person F Breast Physics 2
- check Person scale in VAM and reset it to 1
- last resort: make sure no session plugins, start with empty scene, add person, add one light, add plugin
- last last resort: message me in discord and send me a scene and I can mess with it too as I have time

Oh no! This plugin is very sensitive to things (in odd ways that I do not even always understand).

A couple of things to try:
- make sure these are all on:
-- soft body physics in main UI
-- soft body physics in Person Control & Physics 1
-- soft body physics in Person F Breast Physics 2
- check Person scale in VAM and reset it to 1
- last resort: make sure no session plugins, start with empty scene, add person, add one light, add plugin
- last last resort: message me in discord and send me a scene and I can mess with it too as I have time

The good ol' turn it off and on again fixed it. I appreciate the support!

Hey there,
Great plugin! It's been a fun and interesting approach to creating models to try to keep their measurements grounded to a real reference.

Not sure if this has come up, but wrt to the issue of disappearing text: I noticed that it happens consistently for me only on VAM sessions where I have used the in-game "Hub Browse" feature, and never under any other circumstances. For me it's persistent between scene loads but a hard reset fixes it.

Wanted to share in case it's something you're interested in looking into! Once I narrowed down the cause, it became a very minor issue that's easy to work around. All-around highly recommended plugin regardless!

having strange issue .
J1uVs.png
is it possible to fix ?

It's a known bug. There's a fix that reliably worked for me - do a hard reset from the main menu (this is NOT just restarting VAM) and the labels should re-appear.

The issue is somehow related to in-program use of the hub. As long as you don't browse the hub, you won't have to do a hard reset, and if you do a hard reset after you browse the hub, you should be okay.

Back
Top Bottom