Graphic glitches in VR with RTX 4090

vafangool

Reactions
Hey guys,
since I upgraded my GPU from a 1080ti to a 4090 I have some weird graphic glitches in VR. It's hard to describe. During scenes, some random textures pop up flickering and disappear again, textures're stretching in random directions... Before a scene, during the black-void-loading-screen, the grey bottom gets completely teard apart. This only happens in VR not in desktop mode. Even if I mirror my VR picture to desktop, it's only visible through my oculus rift s.
Problem also occurs on ultra low settings. Don't think it's a driver issue either, because I wiped the old driver with DDU and did a fresh install for the new one.
I have no issues with other VR games, or other games in general. I reinstalled Vam, did a core check, reinstalled my oculus software. Nothing. Put my 1080ti back in, no problems.
I'm running out of ideas and was hoping that someone can make sense of it.
My specs: win10, i7 8700k, 1tb ssd, 16gb ram, and that super awesome peace of $hit rtx 4090

Could it be that your I7 8700 is pretty tight for driving a 4090.... VAM is very CPU intensive

Having what sounds like the exact same issue after having upgraded to a 4090 from a 3080. Did you ever end up finding a solution?

It's paired with a 5800x3d, so I would be surprised if it was a problem introduced from a CPU bottleneck. Didn't see it before with a 3700x and 3080 combination, nor with a 5800x3d and 3080 combination. Can confirm I've never seen it in anything else besides VAM, but I admit I haven't played much VR besides VAM since the upgrade. I was hoping it was a conflict with old drivers that hadn't been properly wiped, but sounds like you've had no luck trying after sorting that.

Just in case, you guys saw this other thread, right?
=> Potentially similar issue related to possibly using Airlink vs. VirtualDesktop

Back
Top Bottom