Details in VR blurred

angeleyeschina

Reactions
Looking closely at a "person" atom in VR, I do see the details - which are usually how I choose the VAM look/appearance. But then, moving just slightly away from her, the details don't "get smaller", it is so blurred out that it seems to me that the Oculus Quest 2 is actually applying some "blur" effect. Or maybe it's VAM itself??
It really is annoying. Any help is appreciated!

Pictures to see if it's anything unusual?
Because all I read is something to be expected when you reach the limit of your resolution and eye perception.

Looking closely at a "person" atom in VR, I do see the details - which are usually how I choose the VAM look/appearance. But then, moving just slightly away from her, the details don't "get smaller", it is so blurred out that it seems to me that the Oculus Quest 2 is actually applying some "blur" effect. Or maybe it's VAM itself??
It really is annoying. Any help is appreciated!
Does this happen for all scenes, or just some? Is it just a little blurry, or seriously out of focus? If it;'s seriuously blurred, it sounds like the "postmagic" plugin is running.

Click the toolbar button that looks like a mouse pointer to view all the atoms in the scene. Look for an atom named "empty" or "focus" or "postmagic" or something. if you can't find anything like that, make sure the "show hidden" box is checked.
That atom will have postmagic as a plugin. disable it.

Thanks for the reply, I think I know the one you mean - used to create a blur for "background", making pictures really nice? that's not it, I've seen it. No, it's in all scenes. I'm using airlink, so maybe that has to do with it... I did buy a computer with wifi 6 with airlink in mind, so I hope it's not a bandwidth issue.
It's in all scenes, it seems like BR is showing less details compared to desktop. and my monitor is only 1080p, so that shouldn't be the case :(

Pictures to see if it's anything unusual?
Because all I read is something to be expected when you reach the limit of your resolution and eye perception.
I thought of this but don't know how to take a picture of what I see in VR. this doesn't happen on monitor.

It's most likely in plugins PostMagic Depth of field
When you swap the Atom, the setting needs to be reset.

I thought of this but don't know how to take a picture of what I see in VR. this doesn't happen on monitor.

I’m not an expert on this, but I know the lenses on the Quest 2 have a very narrow “sweet spot”. Depending on a number of factors, probably including manufacturing variability and your own head and eye shape, the Quest 2 may be pretty out of focus except for the very center. If it’s nice and clear in other apps (especially check other AirLinked apps) then it may be a VAM issue, but if it’s across the board then it’s likely a Quest 2 issue.

I’m not an expert on this, but I know the lenses on the Quest 2 have a very narrow “sweet spot”. Depending on a number of factors, probably including manufacturing variability and your own head and eye shape, the Quest 2 may be pretty out of focus except for the very center. If it’s nice and clear in other apps (especially check other AirLinked apps) then it may be a VAM issue, but if it’s across the board then it’s likely a Quest 2 issue.
I know what you mean, I usually clean the lenses and spend a few seconds finding the sweet spot by adjusting the headset after putting it on.
That is not the issue, though. After finding that spot, I went to VAM, loaded movie night, and looked very closely (1-2 inches) at the girl's cheek.
Then moved just slightly away, and instead of just getting the same results but "smaller" ( because I'm further away) I saw an actual blur, like when applying "gaussian blur" in photoshop.

I think it is a performance thing on VAM or the Quest, however I've recently bought a very expensive and powerful computer, which should be able to handle this with ease, so I want to enjoy it, full resolution and no performance tweaks, for once in my life.

I know what you mean, I usually clean the lenses and spend a few seconds finding the sweet spot by adjusting the headset after putting it on.
That is not the issue, though. After finding that spot, I went to VAM, loaded movie night, and looked very closely (1-2 inches) at the girl's cheek.
Then moved just slightly away, and instead of just getting the same results but "smaller" ( because I'm further away) I saw an actual blur, like when applying "gaussian blur" in photoshop.

I think it is a performance thing on VAM or the Quest, however I've recently bought a very expensive and powerful computer, which should be able to handle this with ease, so I want to enjoy it, full resolution and no performance tweaks, for once in my life.
Your last comment makes me even more sure it is a plugin setting.
Sometimes the plugin is hard to find if it's not attached to the Atom.
It might be a scene plugin viewed by clicking the arrow icon in the menu then selecting scene plugins.

Back
Top Bottom