Sitting in chair, in VR, navigating?

Bobbyxox

Reactions
I am using the vive controllers.
I tried to use the teleport but it seems very buggy, in fact under the manual it says it's quite bugged in VR. I can't seem to turn my character or even go backwards and forwards. I have teleport rotation on but can't seem to activate it.

What is an easy, lazy way of navigating around?

maybe you're tapping to teleport

you need to press and hold. while holding you'll see the teleport marker, move it around and stop pressing it when you're done.
to rotate the teleport, while pressing the teleport button just rotate the controller around and you'll see something on the teleport marker indicating the direction. when you let go you'll teleport facing that direction

teleport is the easy lazy way of moving around. no better alternatives as far as i know

maybe you're tapping to teleport

you need to press and hold. while holding you'll see the teleport marker, move it around and stop pressing it when you're done.
to rotate the teleport, while pressing the teleport button just rotate the controller around and you'll see something on the teleport marker indicating the direction. when you let go you'll teleport facing that direction

teleport is the easy lazy way of moving around. no better alternatives as far as i know
Thank you very much. Under keybinds I noticed that there is teleport and teleport show. Should I be using both or just teleport?

My problem with teleport is I kept accidentally teleporting hundreds of yards away from the scene, and then it was a struggle to get back.

So for years I've been using the "grab and drag" method. But you'll wan to turn up all the sliders in user prefs>navigation to make it useful.

My problem with teleport is I kept accidentally teleporting hundreds of yards away from the scene, and then it was a struggle to get back.

So for years I've been using the "grab and drag" method. But you'll wan to turn up all the sliders in user prefs>navigation to make it useful.
I haven't tried that yet, how do you turn (Left and right, Not side to side) yourself in the scene?

Press the "grab world" button (mine's mapped to the palm grip button) and twist the controller. You can twist and move at the same time.
Like I say, you need to turn up the move and twist multipliers or it's painfully slow and awkward. But you have great control. Not great for moving large distances, but I rarely have occasion to do that.
1671162296806.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom