• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Switched RTX 2070 for RTX 3080 Gaming Z Trio, now VAM crashes in VR with Rift S on heavy scenes :(

Thanks for your elaborate answer. This confirms my suspicion regarding “support” from Meta. So I sold my Rift S today and am on board for a Quest 2. Sad that this is the only real solution, since I was happy with my Rift S as is.

Quest 2 is pretty great actually IMHO.
I use it with Virtual Desktop, and a 5GHz WiFi. Works pretty well for me. The quality isn't perfect, but it's far superior to that of the first generations of VR! Also, having a wireless VR headset just beats all the others because it's wireless. I don't like the wired ones. Anyway that's my opinion of the matter.

Quest 2 is pretty great actually IMHO.
I use it with Virtual Desktop, and a 5GHz WiFi. Works pretty well for me. The quality isn't perfect, but it's far superior to that of the first generations of VR! Also, having a wireless VR headset just beats all the others because it's wireless. I don't like the wired ones. Anyway that's my opinion of the matter.
The QS2 works great. I just use air link with a 5Ghz dedicated router. Is Virtual Desktop better? I can see some minor artifacts in the purple areas of the menu when I am in VaM but when I load a scene it’s hard to notice any artifacts.

The QS2 works great. I just use air link with a 5Ghz dedicated router. Is Virtual Desktop better? I can see some minor artifacts in the purple areas of the menu when I am in VaM but when I load a scene it’s hard to notice any artifacts.

I haven't used airlink because it didn't exist when I first started. I originally started with ALVR which is open-sourced and free. But it ended up breaking when VaM updated their VR Steam controller binding library. It just wasn't compatible with ALVR at the time. I have not tried ALVR since, but there's a chance the ALVR team fixed it by now. ALVR is a little more complicated to setup, but it gives you lots of flexibility in fine-tuning exactly what you want for bit rates, protocols, controller binding management, etc. Unfortunately, again I just stopped using it because it wasn't compatible with SteamVR Bindings for some reason.

I used Virtual Desktop and it worked really well, and I haven't had any issues with it as long as you setup the correct settings for it (selecting correct gpu, framerate, and bitrate)

It's very plausible that Airlink is just as good now. But idk, because I never tried it as it wasn't available at the time.

Back
Top Bottom