Game crashes on loading scenes

Hart

Reactions
So as the title says, the game launches fine but every time I try to load a scene, Unity engine crashes game, while its saying something with "Loading #Unityassethandler". It loads up the default scenes without issues but as soon as I try to load in anything from the Hub or from anyone's patreon UE instantly crashes. I've tried allocating more VRAM but nothing really seems to fix it. I've got 16GB RAM, an Ryzen 5 3600 cpu and a GTX 1660 TI OC. I've already tried reinstalling, repairing, turning to a previous version of VaM, but nothing seems to help. Most of the time, the game just crashes without a message, but sometimes a error occurs stating: The Instruction at XXXXXXXX referenced memory at XXXXXXX could not be read.
The output_log states the following:

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

Fallback handler could not load library E:/VaM_Updater/VaM_Data/Mono/data-000002190572E040.dll
Fallback handler could not load library E:/VaM_Updater/VaM_Data/Mono/data-000002190583B010.dll
Crash!!!

I've also noticed that if i disable the unity assets in package manager, the leftover scenes can actually load.
I did notice a similar post, but the OP apparently fixed the problem, by doing a clean install of VaM, which didnt work for me.
I also tried upgrading my graphic drivers and updating windows.
Anyone know how to fix this problem?

All these inconsistencies are weird, I think the problems come from outside VaM. Check that:
  • You don't have VaM in a protected folder of some kind, like Documents
  • You RAM is working fine
  • Try it on a different PC if you have one
If the latter works then you can either find where the problem is, software or hardware you have messing it up, or you can reinstall Windows, preferably a clean install.

Never had any problem with my ram during stresstests, so i dont think its those :s
I actually have VaM in the oculus rift folder, like my other apps, is that one protected?

Just to be clear, when you reinstalled, do you mean you downloaded VaM from scratch on a different folder than the one you use, without adding any extra VARs?
Then, running that clean VaM, the same issues with anything from the Hub appeared as well?

Yea, i installed a new vam_updater from the patreonsite, putted it another folder, launched it, downloaded one scene from the HuB, same happends :/
What is even more interesting is that i managed to open a few of the scenes at the start, but ever since then, i havent been able to open anything from the hub.

The Ryzen 5 is your bottleneck. VAM is extremely cpu intensive. Try upgrading your cpu. I use the Ryzen 7 1700x with 64gb ram and run it with no problems

I've also noticed that if i disable the unity assets in package manager, the leftover scenes can actually load.
Just to clarify this first post statement, does VaM crash only when loading scenes with CUA assets inside? (you said you can load default scene?)
And is error in log always the same?

Just to clarify this first post statement, does VaM crash only when loading scenes with CUA assets inside? (you said you can load default scene?)
Yea, i got no problem loading default scenes.
If i go to "package manager" and disable everything in the tab of "Unity Assets", i can also load a few hub scenes, but they will lack some stuff, like the terrain around them.

I dont think the output_log always notices the crash

For example, the last time it wrote:

Unable to open archive file: Mofme.AssetBundle_Decadent_Dungeon.latest:/Custom/Assets/Mofme/mofme_dungeon.assetbundle

(Filename: Line: 542)

Crash!!!
A crash has been intercepted by the crash handler. For call stack and other details, see the latest crash report generated in:
* C:/AppData/Local/Temp/MeshedVR/VaM/Crashes
Could not load symbol mono_unity_lock_dynamic_function_access_tables64 : The specified procedure could not be found.

To be more precise, when it crashes, it stops at "Loading #CustomUnityassets", then this pops up, and it crashes

1644543442055.png

To be more precise, when it crashes, it stops at "Loading #Unityassets", then this pops up, and it crashes
Well that's a crash window if i ever seen one...well familiar with that one (had those popups on my other PC waaay often, mostly due to only 8GB of ram).

Just to put possible hardware botleneck/issue out of the way...
Did you try running VaM windowed desktop mode at low res (720p or something) with low quality? How is your ram/vram usage in that case?

Looking at initial post, you have VaM installed at E:/VaM_Updater ? right?

Well that's a crash window if i ever seen one...well familiar with that one (had those popups on my other PC waaay often, mostly due to only 8GB of ram).

Just to put possible hardware botleneck/issue out of the way...
Did you try running VaM windowed desktop mode at low res (720p or something) with low quality? How is your ram/vram usage in that case?

Looking at initial post, you have VaM installed at E:/VaM_Updater ? right?

I just tried and it was the same result unfortunately. I do remember there was one time, 5 days ago maybe, where i was able to load a CUA scene in desktop mode, but i cant anymore.
Well as said i have 16gb physical ram, and ive allocated the recommended 1,5 - 2x virtual ram. The task manager shows that im only using like 60% of the memory when it crashes. Gpu and Cpu is also just at 50% ish

Ye, i have VaM installed in E:/Occulus Rift/new folder/vam_updater

tried moving the folder and launching VaM, but its the same result.

Last edited:
Do you think that is a problem?
I don't believe for a second it's hardware related (software probably), you should be able to run potato setup and not crash.

Nahh location shouldn't be an issue,
I only asked to confirm, i was bit confused reading your previous conversation with atani about rift folder and looking at your first post.
You can move it outside copy/cut - paste to E: whatever, but location shouldn't be the issue.

Tbh it's weird issue and it's not often reported, like at all...there is only 1 report of something like this and it was .vac scene related.
Our community troubleshooting for VaM is like 3 steps program...at best :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
1. where is your VaM located? 2. did you run repair/sync/or fresh client? 3. did you clear cache/hard reset?

If fresh client doesn't work either then i rly don't know...it's not even VaM client issue at this point.
You can reinstall stuff 10x times, but if you already did it...than me telling you to do it again makes no sense...or ddu drivers & what not...

Just like @atani im out of ideas... 🤷‍♂️

I don't believe for a second it's hardware related (software probably), you should be able to run potato setup and not crash.

Nahh location shouldn't be an issue,
I only asked to confirm, i was bit confused reading your previous conversation with atani about rift folder and looking at your first post.
You can move it outside copy/cut - paste to E: whatever, but location shouldn't be the issue.

Tbh it's weird issue and it's not often reported, like at all...there is only 1 report of something like this and it was .vac scene related.
Our community troubleshooting for VaM is like 3 steps program...at best :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
1. where is your VaM located? 2. did you run repair/sync/or fresh client? 3. did you clear cache/hard reset?

If fresh client doesn't work either then i rly don't know...it's not even VaM client issue at this point.
You can reinstall stuff 10x times, but if you already did it...than me telling you to do it again makes no sense...or ddu drivers & what not...

Just like @atani im out of ideas... 🤷‍♂️

Yee, i do find it pretty weird aswell, and the errors seems pretty inconsistent aswell...
Like sometimes the unity errror box comes up, sometimes it dont. Sometimes the Instructed memory at XXX memory comes up, sometimes theres no message at all. I appreciate you trying tho! :p

Do you maybe have the Citrix Workspace or similar tools installed?

https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/v...g-at-all-solved-citrix-workspace-issue.15741/

If that doesn’t apply to you, maybe do a google search for the error message.
On a quick search I could find things like this, for instance:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/673950/discussions/0/1727575977535857232/
Never had the Citrix workplace program :((
Tried googling alot, but maybe i should try to searching for forums thats not only VaM related!

but maybe i should try to searching for forums thats not only VaM related!

I would do that. I guess this might be an Unity error, and there are many more Unity games around than only VaM.
I had searched for this Unity error message: " Could not load symbol mono_unity_lock_dynamic_function_access_tables64 "
... but I am no programmer and have no clue, too.

How much Unity assets are not loading correctly? We had a similar thread some time ago, but at the very end the OP told us it was only one faulty single scene that wasn't working...

Back
Top Bottom