Help - cannot load scenes

Sinnedstone

Reactions
Patreon
Joop
Hello all,

I reorganised my storage drives and move all VAM files to a different folder. Everything is the same, just different location. Vam launches, but all scenes, looks etc are gone.... I remember getting some migrate notification when I launched it and I said yes as it said it was recommended - perhaps that has something to do with it? Anyway, help would be much appreciated,

Cheers,

Hi,
as you may know, VaM searches for certain stuff in certain folders. Besides of this, the file path to clothes, textures, hairstyles, aso, is saved in scenes. If you move those folders, you will break not only the scenes, but maybe even VaM itselfe can't see them anymore.

Saying this, I really can understand your idea to move stuff to free up precious SSD space, for instance.
There is a way to get this working:
In the VaM folder, create HARDLINKS to the stuff you have moved. A simple shortcut is not enough and doesn't work.

For instance:
If you have a large sub-folder in your /Custom/Atom/Person/Textures/ folder, lets say "FaceGen", move this large folder to an other location and create a hardlink to that folder at the new destination. At the end you should have the hard-link folder "FaceGen" in your /Person/Textures/ folder.
Please read about hard-links before you try this, or you may loose your data!

If you only want to sort out things in the "addonPackages" folder, you can simply add subfolders to that folder and move stuff. VaM and all scenes will automatically find those stuff in those sub-folders. The addonPackages folder is the only one in VaM where you can do so.

Hi,
as you may know, VaM searches for certain stuff in certain folders. Besides of this, the file path to clothes, textures, hairstyles, aso, is saved in scenes. If you move those folders, you will break not only the scenes, but maybe even VaM itselfe can't see them anymore.

Saying this, I really can understand your idea to move stuff to free up precious SSD space, for instance.
There is a way to get this working:
In the VaM folder, create HARDLINKS to the stuff you have moved. A simple shortcut is not enough and doesn't work.

For instance:
If you have a large sub-folder in your /Custom/Atom/Person/Textures/ folder, lets say "FaceGen", move this large folder to an other location and create a hardlink to that folder at the new destination. At the end you should have the hard-link folder "FaceGen" in your /Person/Textures/ folder.
Please read about hard-links before you try this, or you may loose your data!

If you only want to sort out things in the "addonPackages" folder, you can simply add subfolders to that folder and move stuff. VaM and all scenes will automatically find those stuff in those sub-folders. The addonPackages folder is the only one in VaM where you can do so.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom