Animated scene I created will not load. Help!

Jocks3D

Reactions
Patreon
callanscott
I've been playing around with the Timeline plugin for animations and created a basic scene of a single Person moving around slowly. I was able to save and reload this scene later without a problem. Then I tried creating a few more scenes that are a little more complex, with a single Person dancing slowly and reaching out to hug and caress someone (actually just air, not another person), each anout 3 minutes long. When I save these and try to reload them I'm always taken back to the main VaM interface. The scenes never load. Any idea what's happening?

I don't think the animations I created were that large or complex, especially in comparrison to animations others have created. If my animation is too large or too long, will VaM ignore it? In that case, what is the time or size limit I should stay under?

Is there any error message in the error log? Was that a mocap animation? How large is the scene JSON file? One reason I'm aware of is VaM crashes if the JSON file is too large, and it's not something that can be predicted easily... you can use the Timeline's More, Reduce feature to try and scale down the scene, but if it cannot open it's gonna be hard to salvage the scene.

Thanks Acid Bubbles, I just realized I should have provided more information, for example, I'm using Embody to do a real time mocap within Timeline and I'm also adding Clockwise's Expressions tool. Still just with one Person and no other assets, no more than two minutes or so for each animation.I did another test this afternoon setting up three simple animations in the scene and I could not save it at all! The error said I was out of memory. I'll try the Reduce option later this week to see if that works.

I'm really wondering how everyone is making all the amazing and elaborate animated scenes found here on the Hub since I can't seem to make and save a simple one. Should I avoid Embody and just set it up manually?

Generally, people who record long mocap will use the Reduce function, other people will animate manually. The problem here is both my fault and VaM's; the VaM code that creates and loads JSON files use tons of memory, and there's not much I can do about it, except re-writing the whole load/save myself, which is tricky if I want it to work with .var files, and Timeline makes it _very_ easy to record tons of data very fast, which makes the problem appear faster.

Let me know if Reduce works for you!

Back
Top Bottom