Some clothing items no longer load, help?

jonayo

Reactions
I have a bunch of clothing downloaded, but only some of it is showing in game. All clothing files are in the same folder, but some won't load in or be seen in the clothing tab.

Can anyone help?

Are those clothes newer VAR files, or old ZIP files?
As you may know, the VAR files needs to go the AddonPackages folder,
the clothes packed inolder ZIP files needs to go to VAMfolder\Custom\Clothing\Female (or male).
By the way, if the clothes have an early creation date, they may show up not at the first clothing tab, but more to the end.

Are those clothes newer VAR files, or old ZIP files?
As you may know, the VAR files needs to go the AddonPackages folder,
the clothes packed inolder ZIP files needs to go to VAMfolder\Custom\Clothing\Female (or male).
By the way, if the clothes have an early creation date, they may show up not at the first clothing tab, but more to the end.
It's clothing that was in VAMfolder\Custom\Clothing\Female and was previously found/used from the clothing tab. But one day they just stopped appearing altogether.

Maybe your display limit of 450 is reached? You can change to 1800 limit, just an idea.

Sorry! Forget what I said, I was thinking of the scene loader.

Any tag filters on? Nothing is written in both of the "text-filter-fields"? "Latest only" and "active only" is unchecked? "Creator filter" is set to "all"?
If that's not it, then I can't help you.

Last edited:
Don't see how display limit on "select file" part from clothing preset load can be related to actual clothing tab.

-did you try clearing vam cache or hard reset client (you would be surprised how many weird stuff can be fixed with it)?
-so you confirm it's local content (inside main vam folder, custom), so all package stuff is displayed?
-are you sure all main content for clothing is still there & inside correct folder (.vab .vaj .vam)?
-can you identify missing items, also items that are missing are always the same or random ones (after restart)?
-are you sure non of options or tags is left checked inside clothing tab (custom only, missing tag or something weird)?

EDIT: nevermind some of my points, since post above was edited as i was writing and checking for stuff inside client.

Still very strange. Have you checked what RandomVAMuser suggested?
Are those clothing files still there and intact?
Important: if you have not allready, please check the error log. Are some of the missed clothings listed there?

I tried clearing cache and hard reset, no change.
local content appears to be intact and in the same location as the clothing items that do load
content is in the correct folder with .vab .vaj .vam files
missing items are always the same ones
i'm sure no options/tags are active in the clothing tab
if a scene is loaded that uses the missing clothing, the error log states that the files cannot be found

This almost makes no sense, could be corrupted files? bad drive? :unsure:

-so errors point exactly where clothing is, but on scene load it appears it's not there? (if you get "invalid load path or params" you have them in wrong folder)
-since they are local (custom) stuff (probably read-only),
what happens if you equip Clothing Creator and than Customize>Load Existing>search for .vam of missing items?
can you load them or can't even see .vam files?
-doubt it's something permission related (write protected folder), you are only reading stuff
in any case, what vam version you use and is your client located inside protected folder (example: c:/program files)
-is there any way you can get at least one fresh copy of missing clothing? backup? (to compare file size in case something is corrupted?)

-last resort (since i am out of ideas) get 2nd vam client (19GB), but download it on c:desktop (or on different drive, if you have)
copy some of missing clothes inside new client see if it loads

So after a long process I found out that it was clothing from Jax that was causing the problem.
I have no idea why/how, but removing it stopped the problem

Back
Top Bottom