Reverb G2 Bindings No Longer Working - Need Help

The Vamalorian

Reactions
Here is the deal, everything was fine. I've been running a Reverb G2 on a new windows 10 box with the creator version of VAM for months. I got a new hard drive and I moved VAM to a new drive for more space. VAM still works and the VR headset is still great but the HP controllers are completely hosed in VAM. No response.

I've reinstalled WMR and Steam VR and the problem persists. I did a new copy of VAM and the controllers are working fine on that install but not on my original install. I've checked my VR settings in VAM for both installs and they are identical.

I've updated VAM to new version and even tried to go back a few versions.. still nothing.

I know I can move files and folders over to the new install but I figured I check here first and see if anyone knew of an easier fix to make my original copy working before I did all that. Any help appreciated.

The controller bindings are set in steamVR options. I would have thought they were part of your Steam account, but maybe not.

To be clear, your controllers/hands are showing up in VaM, they just aren't responding to button pushes?

The controller bindings are set in steamVR options. I would have thought they were part of your Steam account, but maybe not.

To be clear, your controllers/hands are showing up in VaM, they just aren't responding to button pushes?

Thanks for responding. No, the hands are not viewable in VaM and the buttons are not responsive on * this* install. [Now, on another new install in a separate folder, they work just fine in that VaM.] Everything works when I'm in SteamVR and all other apps. And, when I'm in that VaM install, I can hit the SteamVR menu button on the controller and that takes me to steam, but, nothing, at all has an impact on VaM interface. Does that answer your question?

besides hands ctrl question .. with wich gpu/ cpu are you feeding those hp lot of pixels?

besides hands ctrl question .. with wich gpu/ cpu are you feeding those hp lot of pixels?

Believe it or not, I'm pushing this with a used GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. So long as I keep the environment simple and no more than 2-3 characters, it pleases me. This is the best card I could get when I built the system a few months back. I'm using 32GB of Ram, Gen10 i5 processor and all SSDs with VAM on a dedicated drive separate from the operating system.

Update on this. I gave up trying to fix this and I just started migrating to a new install, but, I did discover that if I install VAM and open it in Steam VR, then later move that VAM install to another folder, Steam doesn't recognize the controller anymore no matter what I do.

Also, I noticed that even if you move it back to the original folder it still doesn't work. And, even if you try to do a fresh install in the same directory path as a broken install, the controllers still don't recognize. It's like something in either VAM or Steam is remembering that directory path and blacklisting it or something.

In any case, a fresh install to a NEW directory path made my problem go away. I'm posting these details here in case anyone has the same struggle.

Thanks guys,

Controllers vanishing with WMR was a recurring problem when I was using WMR. It happnes occasionally with other headsets, too. Never quite figured it out. But I did find it helped to run Steam before starting VaM.

Controllers vanishing with WMR was a recurring problem when I was using WMR. It happnes occasionally with other headsets, too. Never quite figured it out. But I did find it helped to run Steam before starting VaM.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Definitely need to run SteamVR first or bug and gremlins abound.

I must trust you, I was using a 1070 with rift-s and without problems till december 2020. Now the temptation to get a reverb g2 becomes more and more strong, even if I have bad remembering about crapware steam vr. Thanks for answering mate!

Believe it or not, I'm pushing this with a used GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. So long as I keep the environment simple and no more than 2-3 characters, it pleases me. This is the best card I could get when I built the system a few months back. I'm using 32GB of Ram, Gen10 i5 processor and all SSDs with VAM on a dedicated drive separate from the operating system.
I

I had the same issue on G2 controllers - wich i woulad have found this thread when i had this problem. A new install fixed it - i had the same problem as the binding did not migrate when i moved VAM to another SSD drive. So i did a re-install and they worked.

Мне помогает только удаление и новая установка стим vr. Это нужно делать после каждой перезагрузки ПК.

Only the removal and new installation of stim vr helps me. This has to be done after each restart of the PC.

Back
Top Bottom