Streaming VAM in VR with Game Audio

VamMoose

Reactions
Anyone here successfully stream VAM (VR View) with game audio while in VR?

I tried for a few hours to stream using OBS to some friends on Discord, but they could not hear the game audio.

Most Native VR games naturally have audio that pipes in through the desktop view of the game, and thus is pretty easy to share.

But since VAM doesn't have a "VR View". I have to resort to sharing the SteamVR VR Monitor View to provide VR PoV.

Even if I don't share the SteamVR Monitor View and share VAM.exe directly, the audio still won't come through, probably because SteamVR is ON and all audio is being redirected to the headset.

Other's can hear game audio if:

- I am streaming VAM in Desktop mode (without VR) or
- I switch my mic input to Stereo Mix, but then I can't talk, and they also hear echo's of themselves naturally.

Pretty sure this is all because of how SteamVR redirects audio to the Headset. I do have audio mirroring on, so both my speakers and index are playing audio, yet streaming software just can't pick it up.

Thoughts?

I think it could work if you are using Oculus Quest 2 hardware. I can't wait to rid myself of the Meta products and switch to VIVE but until that day, I am going to keep using my Quest 2. I'm trying to stream my VAM scenes onto Chaturbate at first, because I think many people don't realize the potential of VAM and would be motivated to try it if they see it's potential for sandbox, collaborative, interactive streaming.

Check out our streams, we do stream live using matrix coconut for audio, that may help you get started anyway. if you need help dm me and ill let you know how we do it. We have done both desktop and vr views. you can also use NDI Tools and or OBS using its virtual camera output as a webcam to stream to discord.

Not sure if this applies to streaming but for video recording to capture sound I had to switch occulus sound output from headset headphones to my windows default speakers.

Back
Top Bottom