[Experimental] Tongue and Finger Controllers

Plugins [Experimental] Tongue and Finger Controllers

Is it possible this is broken with the latest update of VAM? I cannot get any of the finger nodes to turn green - they stay red, and and I select them they're all named "UID". I tried with a blank scene and added only this plugin to session plugins + the model also. Am I doing something wrong? Also the joint drives have no effect on any of the joints as well.

Odd. I just tried it and it worked for me

I'm using VAM 1.22.0.3 and the steps I took were:
  1. Restart VAM
    1. VAM caches prefabs when it loads a model, and this persists between scenes. If a model was loaded in a previous scene then it will not work.
  2. Create new empty scene
  3. Add plugin as Session plugin
    1. not Scene plugin, which doesn't work for whatever reason
  4. Load Model (has to be done after adding plugin)
  5. Select controller and turn on position/rotation
1686681835155.png

Are you seeing any errors in the logs?

The mechanics for this plugin are fairly sketchy and prone to error. I understand VAM and Unity better now so maybe I can improve it...

Ok! It works if I do everything in that order. But what if I have a pre-existing scene that I want to build onto - am I out of luck because the model existed prior?

Ok! It works if I do everything in that order. But what if I have a pre-existing scene that I want to build onto - am I out of luck because the model existed prior?

You'd need to load the session plugin right after you start VAM, and scenes you load after should have it.

Stopper updated [Experimental] Tongue and Finger Controllers with a new update entry:

Added more controllers

Added additional controllers:
  • Toes
    • Note, each toe only has 1 rigid body
  • Glutes
  • Pectorals
  • Jaw
  • Genitals (vagina and anus)
    • These can wig out the physics
This was requested by @VamTimbo to help with toe physics in shoes. The issue there is that VAM only lets you control the 'parent' toe node, but not the individual toes. Even if you set the joint spring really high on the parent, the toes are still floppy. Now you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

nice! is there an eta of sorts for Timeline integration or is it a larger problem?

It already works if you add it as a session plugin (you can set it as the default so it always gets loaded), but otherwise the issue is that once an atom is loaded its list of free controllers is set and no longer modifiable. Getting that to work with timeline would require a small timeline change. I'll probably bother AcidBubbles about it at some point.

Back
Top Bottom