• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Embody

Plugins Embody v1.6.1

Hi I just have a question I haven't been able to find the answer to. When I use snug to adjust my possession I notice if I hold objects near my body the object still moves and stops at the original models dimensions. Is there a way to fix it so objects I hold don't move offset to where my new settings are for collision?

Hello, Acid Bubbles. Thanks for making so much cool stuff for VAM and this is no exception) I am having a lil issue tho I'm almost certain I'm missing smth here. I need to use Embody's passenger an animate head control. For example if I put a physics link on a hand and link it to another person - everything works fine. After exiting possession mode the hand controll unties from parent target (the link's targets getting reset to "None"). Any tips what I can do?

when i possess a model with embody with hand trackers, the shoulders of the model are lifted up slightly. this looks like a unnatural pose. is there a way to set the shoulder position when possessing a model?

This is usually because your arm lengths are not the same as the model's arms. You can either adjust the "arm length" morph to try and match yours, or you can try Snug (part of Embody) to compensate for this.

First of all, thank you for this great plug-in 🙂
I allow me to ask a question. Is it possible to move the character when we are possessed with joysticks of our controller? Currently when I move physically or with my controller, only the head (and the chest) are following me.I tried many settings but it didn’t work.

Thanks a lot for this it's a great plugin and I'm having lots of fun using it in VR with fbt.

I wanted to ask: Is there a way to load this automatically? Like when I enter a scene I'd love if it could just activate rather than me having to go to the menu and activate it manually.

You can use Keybindings to map a key that will add the plugin for you, and another key to activate it. Configure Keybindings to your global plugins first, then (in the same var) you can add the addplugin extension to your global plugins too, and add Embody. Then you can map a key for both (make sure Embody exists in your current scene to see the bindings), save, and you can now possess in 1 click and two keystrokes!

You can also save your preferred defaults in Embody so it gets added with the mode you prefer.

Awesome plugin. Thanx. is it possible to walk? i can only move head,hands and torso parts. How to walk? Or there is some another plugin for walk?

Would going over 0.20 in ''Offset Camera'' cause any issues? I mean it works fine on my end at 0.26 but I'm not sure if it would cause anything for others when share the scene. The problem is, it's a rodeo scene and therefore very close the female target. Would like to get as much as possible into the scene

Acid Bubbles updated Embody with a new update entry:

Embody v1.6.0

- Triggers on activate / deactivate
- Passenger: Buffer position for reduced lag
- New preset to hide head only, passenger with free movement
- Don't log an error when activating while Embody or the atom is deactivated, silently set back active to off
- Ensure Passenger lock returns to default when using presets
- "Keep physics hold strength" shouldn't be reset when using "align all vive trackers"
- Fix crash when "apply on load" is active on a non-person atom

Read the rest of this update entry...

Info: I use the Index Controller.

I have an issue:
It's super easy to use embody on Desktop Mode.
But if I want to activate embody in VR and the scene creator didn't create a dedicated, floating button for it, I have to go into the plugins and activate embody there. This works.
But after the activation I would like to close the menu to enjoy the scene and for this I have to press the B button (on the index controller).
Then the menu closes, but the POV ends too and I'm back at 3rd person cam.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better / different way to activate Embody in VR?

@SexyTom2011 I use Keybindings so I can press on a key on my keyboard (that I can easily find with the VR headset on, e.g. the key underneath Esc). That works fine for me :) Also, opening the menu will exit Passenger mode, but the menu should close when you enter Passenger too. Any errors in the error log maybe?

I think this is a new(er) feature but how do I turn off passenger from automatically following the other figure in the scene? it doesn't move position but turns in place. I don't think it did that before.

@Dragontales There's no new features except triggers. The big difference with the previous version is the bones buffering, but you can turn it off in Passenger configuration screen. Are you sure this is related to the new version, and not e.g. a game controller that's connected and has deadzone issues?

@Dragontales There's no new features except triggers. The big difference with the previous version is the bones buffering, but you can turn it off in Passenger configuration screen. Are you sure this is related to the new version, and not e.g. a game controller that's connected and has deadzone issues?
Not really sure. I don't remember embody doing this before, but I'll try some things and see.

Hello Acid Bubbles,
I am not able to follow your instruction:
  1. Add a Person atom to your scene
  2. Open the Plugins tab
  3. Add the Embody.cslist plugin from the AcidBubbles.Embody package
Neither I can find to add a plugin option nor I see a file embody.cslist to add.
I have Entertainer version. According to the Wiki I would be able to add plugins. But how?
Would you please help me?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-25 151946.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-25 151946.png
    326.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-06-25 152131.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-25 152131.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 0
@Pentheus I'm not sure if you can add plugins to atoms in the Entertainer version? Normally on Person atoms, you can open the atom UI (the 2nd screenshot is the main UI, not the atom UI) and there's a Plugins tab. If you don't have that, you cannot add plugins, you have to use scenes that have plugins already added.

@Acid Bubbles , thank you, it worked. Amazing . :)
I am not able to do specific finger movements as you demonstrate with the videos. Do you think is it because I am using Oculus Quest 2controllers? Is there a workaround?

Back
Top Bottom