Embody
Just wondering if a solution was found for the spinning issue. I'm having the same problem and was hoping I might find a fix. Like the previous user, I'm able to stop the rotation by opening the embody plugin settings for the person and switching to the user-driven option. Switching back results in the spinning issue again.

No, I did not... this is very weird and probably something stupid, but I can't reproduce and my only idea (controller deadzone) would result in slow spinning, not super-fast spinning. This is a good clue though, I'll take a look again.

No, I did not... this is very weird and probably something stupid, but I can't reproduce and my only idea (controller deadzone) would result in slow spinning, not super-fast spinning. This is a good clue though, I'll take a look again.

So I thought I'd disconnect my joystick and controller to test, and I'll be damned if it didn't work. Which is weird because VAM didn't seem to be accepting any inputs from them. I feel kinda dumb for not taking that extra step of unplugging them, but it worked. I tested on 4 different scenes from different Patron creators.

For reference, this is the slow spinning issue, where the camera will roll, pitch and yaw to one side in each of these dimensions. So future reader having this issue, try this.

If I encounter this is any other scenes, I'll be sure to let you know and provide what help I can for others.

Dunno if it helps, but when I had the spinning issue I found that it was because the model I possessed was set to look at the user. When I changed the target of their vision to something else, the head stopped spinning. I had used the default settings of the plug-in, so I dunno if there is a setting to automatically change the target of their vision or if it was just because I had used it in old scenes that weren't made for embody.

Anyone know if it's possible to adjust the pitch with the stick the same way as the direction left /right in passenger mod?

Sometime the view is not looking in the right direction and I didn't find the way to adjust it.

ypr.jpg

Also I experienced a bug a couple of times, when I forgot that I'm in passenger mod and click on the stick to move around it make me go out of the map with no possibility to comeback or even open the menu hud, then there no other choice than kill the process in task manager to quit the game.

Idk why I'm still able to leave the body while in possession, maybe there a setting I'm missing there?

@Ged366 normally the pitch should work using the stick, but I think my code is wrong and it doesn't actually do that :) I'll add to my list to check and try and fix it (I have a pretty large backlog so it might not be right now). I'll also check for that bug, if you can share the exact Passenger settings you're using it would be nice... I'll try and reproduce too when I can. Thanks for the report :)

@Ged366 normally the pitch should work using the stick, but I think my code is wrong and it doesn't actually do that :) I'll add to my list to check and try and fix it (I have a pretty large backlog so it might not be right now). I'll also check for that bug, if you can share the exact Passenger settings you're using it would be nice... I'll try and reproduce too when I can. Thanks for the report :)
It"s doing it by default, I tried different settings and different version to try point on something, but I cant find anything.. it's doing it from "Passenger.4" to "Embody.58" even when "POV" is already included in scenes.
I have a Reverb G2, maybe it's specific to this headset idk.
Sorry I'm not really useful.

Hi! How do I remove/modify the rotation limitation downwards? Some scenes I can't rotate the look down because of some limitation of the plugin and I can't find where this is set in the config.

@look4you I don't have any rotation limit per se? What do you mean? When using the joystick of a gamepad using Embody?

I use the desktop mode. When I try to rotate down it simply don't move. Like it had a barrier. Most of the time it stops before hitting the chest, but it not always.

Edit: Icant rotate down more in this picture:
1671329357239.png

Last edited:
Yeah, it's because you're looking around a sphere, but you're locked into the sphere... I see what you mean, I'm taking a note but I'm not sure you'll get something done about it in the short/medium turn :/

Good! Otherwise there's also a trigger you can use after teleporting, "ReinitializeIfActive" which is great because it will only take effect if you're already possessed. Though... I typically used it with Passenger, not sure if it works that well with normal possession? Let me know :D

"Bug report" of sorts:

I cannot, for the life of me, work out how to trigger the loading of a custom Embody-preset via VaM's trigger system - I know the trigger-actions, I've tried them all (LoadPresetWithPath, or the two-trigger combo: Setting the PresetPath via text-trigger & then having a second one trigger the presetload), in various combinations, with and without "reinitalizesmthsmth".

Only way I can successfully load a custom preset is via the GUI. And the pre-defined presets can be controlled via external triggers just fine, ofc (Improved Possession, Passenger (FreeLook) etc). But not the loading of custom presets.

Am I doing smth wrong? Does it maybe only work when Embody is active AND VaM is in playmode? Do have to wear a special hat?
Or smth?

Could you please have a look at that? It's a common enough usecase to switch between different custom presets during one scene - it would greatly enhance useability if that could be done with VaM-triggers (or JayJayWon's UIAssist), rather than fumbling through VaM's bloddy GUI and then fumbling through Embody's (not-so-bloody) GUI.

---

"Feature request" of sorts:

The internal "OnActive" triggers are great - but their usability is significantly reduced since there's no possibility of saving them. Afaics, they don't get stored in the custom presets, and they're not visible to triggers & plugins. Afaics, they do get saved with the scene - but it's a bit of a hassle having to set up the same exact three triggers every single time I work on a new scene (dunno if they get stored in plugin-presets, but that would be a highly inconvenient - successfully merging different pluginpresets is ... not trivial ... due to the way VaM references them by the order in which they were loaded)

Any chance you might have a think about that?

Last edited:
@Case yeah I've always been confused with presets too, for some reason I have trouble making it work... I'll try again. Todo added.

And for saving with the preset, I'll take a look too! I wanted to spend some time on Keybindings first, though, since I can probably soon find some time to work on something and it has lots of things that would be both very useful and simple to do. This, and try _again_ to figure out timing in Timeline :|

"Bug report" of sorts:

I cannot, for the life of me, work out how to trigger the loading of a custom Embody-preset via VaM's trigger system - I know the trigger-actions, I've tried them all (LoadPresetWithPath, or the two-trigger combo: Setting the PresetPath via text-trigger & then having a second one trigger the presetload), in various combinations, with and without "reinitalizesmthsmth".

Only way I can successfully load a custom preset is via the GUI. And the pre-defined presets can be controlled via external triggers just fine, ofc (Improved Possession, Passenger (FreeLook) etc). But not the loading of custom presets.

Am I doing smth wrong? Does it maybe only work when Embody is active AND VaM is in playmode? Do have to wear a special hat?
Or smth?

Could you please have a look at that? It's a common enough usecase to switch between different custom presets during one scene - it would greatly enhance useability if that could be done with VaM-triggers (or JayJayWon's UIAssist), rather than fumbling through VaM's bloddy GUI and then fumbling through Embody's (not-so-bloody) GUI.

---

"Feature request" of sorts:

The internal "OnActive" triggers are great - but their usability is significantly reduced since there's no possibility of saving them. Afaics, they don't get stored in the custom presets, and they're not visible to triggers & plugins. Afaics, they do get saved with the scene - but it's a bit of a hassle having to set up the same exact three triggers every single time I work on a new scene (dunno if they get stored in plugin-presets, but that would be a highly inconvenient - successfully merging different pluginpresets is ... not trivial ... due to the way VaM references them by the order in which they were loaded)

Any chance you might have a think about that?
I use plugin presets all the time. I can't speak to loading a path inside a single plugin, but you could try having several instances of the Embody plugin that each contain the settings you want and then trigger them on and off. I know VAM will save the Embody settings when using plugin presets as a whole group. Maybe not ideal for keeping your plugin list concise, but should get you around your current dilemma. Unless VAM doesn't like multiple copies of Embody. I fully admit I haven't tried it.

@Dragontales it's actually a good idea, and Embody even has internal logic to ensure only one instance is "Active" at once, so that sounds like a valid option, except if you want a "shared" active button, in which case you then need something like VUML or LogicBricks and things get messy :D But multiple plugin instances are fine.

20230131_001628.gif

Great work make human live forever in metaverse... just came to say hello Acid god.:cool:

ar glass+vr glass+vive tracker+vam+embody demo

Last edited:
There appears to be a bug when I try to use Embody on a non-person Object.

If either "LOCK CAMERA ROTATION" and "LOCK CAMERA POSITION" are turned on, the view just rotates wildly and doesn't sit still.

I noticed that this has only happened when I updated to Version 1.1 and 1.2

Back
Top Bottom