• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Solved Do I have the right to use a mocap no longer present on the hub in a scene that I would like to share?

JBRootProd

Reactions
Hello,

So there you have it, I created a scene that uses another creator's mocap as the first intro animation.
It's a mocap shared by @FlowerGirl a few months ago but which is no longer present on the hub, her account also seems to have been closed.
So I'm wondering if I can share the scene I created with this mocap included without breaking any rules?
If this causes problems, I will completely understand... It already annoys me to share a scene containing the creation of other users without being able to credit them.

Solution
If it was shared on the Hub it's likely in a VAR form and you can see the license given in the meta.json file inside it.
If it was shared on the Hub it's likely in a VAR form and you can see the license given in the meta.json file inside it.

Upvote 0
Solution
Hello,

So there you have it, I created a scene that uses another creator's mocap as the first intro animation.
It's a mocap shared by @FlowerGirl a few months ago but which is no longer present on the hub, her account also seems to have been closed.
So I'm wondering if I can share the scene I created with this mocap included without breaking any rules?
If this causes problems, I will completely understand... It already annoys me to share a scene containing the creation of other users without being able to credit them.

Even when users have been banned, we still respect the licenses. If you can provide the name of the mocap scene we can probably tell you the license.

You can/should still credit creators even if their work is not on the hub as well. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your answers @atani and @AshAuryn

In fact, her original scene is still available on the hub (I was confused by the thumbnail :rolleyes:) and have a CC by licence so If I understand well I can share my scene with her Mocap even if her account is closed (and of course with the proper credit).

Thanks again for clearing up my doubts.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom