Controlling eye movement

Altagate33

Reactions
Hello community is there a way to control the eye movement of a person.
For example in a animation I used eye control , but the eyeball didn’t look down, up, left , right . I wanted the persons eyeballs to look down then up again. Thanks for the wisdom

In atom/ behavior did you set the look at to eye control

Screenshot_20220708-113015.png

You have to set the eye control in Auto Behaviour to target. Then you can control the eye movement with the eye target control symbol.

You can use the timeline plugin to animate the eye target controls too.
Keep the key frames close together and linear for the eyes to ‘flick’ to positions.

Instead of manual animation via Timeline, I recommend a combination of 3 plugins:

Gaze for head rotation (part of Life package)

Glance for eye movement

IdlePoser for controlling settings of Gaze/Glance and moving a target (Empty atom) for Gaze. Alternatively you can also put it on the character and animate the EyeTarget control instead.

Here is an example. Those green lines are debug from Glance, indicating the vision cone and what the eyes actually look at.

Some of my scenes do this as well. E.g. DoubleTrouble and the Connect demo.

Ah, found the old GIF from DoubleTrouble....look at the eye movement when she picks up the fleshlight. It works by changing target priorities and size/angle of the vision cone during the animation, so Glance plugin naturally has to look at the fleshlight, etc.

Back
Top Bottom