random head movement.

Reactions
so im curious about why my head just randomly moves sometimes, or maybe better described as floats. i dont really play other vr games exept 1 and the issue is not there. but it seems like when im in vam sometimes my head slightly floats, sometimes when i grab an item or node it starts to move. this can obviously troublesome when trying to place or position nodes or objects. is this a lighting issue in the room im in. it does seem to be less when i turn every light in the room on. anyone else experience this?

The most common source of this problem is that your thumbsticks are too sensitive, so they're registering movement even when you're not touching them. The fix is here.

It's probably a tracking issue. It depends what headset you use and how it tracks. If you use base stations and have any reflective surfaces in your room, cover them up.
I use a valve index, and I lose tracking on the controllers some times. It creates havoc if the hand collisions are on when they float away for a few meters and then snap back to my hand position crashing through everything in my scene.

Back
Top Bottom