Clothing to Asset

xsANGELsx

Reactions
Hey! I would like to know how you can turn clothes into an “asset” and what is the easiest way to do this?
What for? Well, I would like to see the character's clothes not only on him, but also to be able to take, for example, shoes in the character's hand, or so that the jacket removed from the character lay on the bed.
I saw how the "asset" attached a hat to a character, a weapon, and I wondered why it is impossible to make simple clothes as well?

I understand that it is possible to convert a model from VAM to 3D, then from 3d to VAM as “asset”. But looking at the video as a person 1 object uploads 1 hour or more to VAM, it scares me. Since I want to convert the object and not add it from scratch.

Hello @xsANGELsx ,
I fear, this is not possible in an easy way, like you pictured it.
For instance: A jacked on a bed has to lay flat, whereas the VaM clothes have the shape of the body. Shoes for taking them into the hand, have to be single items or within a certain distance from each other, whereas most VaM shoes comes in pairs, being in the same distance as the person's feet in the standard pose. Aso.
They are not like real-word items.
Even if you find a way to extract the 3D data, this won't be enough.
To do as you want to do, you would indeed need to start from scratch; from a 3d model over Unity to a VaM asset.

To learn how to make custom unity assets, please have a look at the tutorials at the "Guides" section.

Back
Top Bottom