Clothing ReWrapper

Plugins Clothing ReWrapper

It's a great plugin!!! 🙌
But I can't understand; why we can't attach clothes, like hats, by tying it to the parent node (head, arm, etc.). This should be similar to attaching an asset (CUA) to a control node.
Purpose: to avoid distortions "hard" clothes during deformation of the mesh polygons.
In fact, you have already done this in the "Clothing Colliders" plugin. You just need to adjust it so that the garment is visible and has material settings.

I'm not sure I fully understand. Is the question why we need clothing items to be wrapped at all? i.e. why not import the DAZ mesh directly and just parent it to one of the bones in the body?

I'm not sure I fully understand. Is the question why we need clothing items to be wrapped at all? i.e. why not import the DAZ mesh directly and just parent it to one of the bones in the body?
Yes. That's what's needed! That's exactly what I meant: need the DAZmesh to be bind to one of the bones. (In the case of headgear, it's the head controller, etc).

Hey I've been loving this plugin, its absolutely amazing. I think I may have run into a compatibility issue with Blazedust's EmissiveClothingPlus https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/emissiveclothingplus.31436/

I have been troubleshooting a problem I'm having with clothing I've been porting with the Emissive plugin, and today discovered it worked perfectly, until I went to rewrap. Then I get a weird texture-less duplicate of the item, a necklace in this case, that is mostly covering the textured version. It only happens on items I use rewrapper. Hoping there might be a fix because I love both plugins! Am happy to help troubleshoot also, if indeed there is an issue, and its not just me.

Here are before and after photos. The rewapped version, number 2, is not the Clothing creator temp version, but proper clothing file, reloaded several times just to make sure.
1690588518289.png

1690588537644.png

I figured out that If I bring up the thickness of the necklace after this problem occurs, I can cover the non textured duplicate with textured version, and the emissive still works. However I have to bring it up to "0.0016" which is too thick. I then had the idea to lower the default thickness of the necklace by editing the vaj file, but it seems like the white duplicate thats being created, by EmissiveClothingPlus (I believe?) ignores offset and thickness and assumes they're both at 0. If it didn't I could theoretically set a negative thickness default on the item, activate EmissiveClothingPlus, and then push up the thickness enough to cover the duplicate. This is my theory anyway. I also have to set rewrapper offset slider to 0 or this duplicate thats created becomes huge and very offset.

I figured out that If I bring up the thickness of the necklace after this problem occurs, I can cover the non textured duplicate with textured version, and the emissive still works. However I have to bring it up to "0.0016" which is too thick. I then had the idea to lower the default thickness of the necklace by editing the vaj file, but it seems like the white duplicate thats being created, by EmissiveClothingPlus (I believe?) ignores offset and thickness and assumes they're both at 0. If it didn't I could theoretically set a negative thickness default on the item, activate EmissiveClothingPlus, and then push up the thickness enough to cover the duplicate. This is my theory anyway. I also have to set rewrapper offset slider to 0 or this duplicate thats created becomes huge and very offset.

I haven't played around with emissive clothing at all. I'll take a look when I get the chance.

I can't figure out why VAM itself still doesn't have this feature

Last edited:
Is it possible that this plugin is only meant to rewrap clothes on female atoms?
When I try to start the plugin, while trying to rewrap something on a male atom, I get the following error "Error loading triangle symmetries". :(
Or am I doing something wrong?

Is it possible that this plugin is only meant to rewrap clothes on female atoms?
When I try to start the plugin, while trying to rewrap something on a male atom, I get the following error "Error loading triangle symmetries". :(
Or am I doing something wrong?

Naw, you're good. It's my fault. Calculating the symmetric pair of a triangle takes a long time so I cached it in a file, but I only did it for females. It shouldn't affect anything other than symmetry selection.

First off, again....absolutely LOVE this plugin. It saves so much time, headache, and trial and error. I've come across one small problem when selecting vertices for something like male underwear or pants---the gens model gets int he way of the selection. is it possible to have an option to use the base (no graft) mesh so that genitals model does not get in the way of selecting those verts?

Last edited:
You're really a magician in script.
Since you start scripting in the community you changed the world of VAM.

I have a little question about cloths, but not sure it's the right place to ask it.
BTW.

Is there any manner to extract the OBJ or the original DAZ file from a cloth in VAM.

It can be very useful to make easily a switching clothing from a sex to another one.
Or to use the OBJ to creat new textures.

Do you think this can be possible?

You're really a magician in script.
Since you start scripting in the community you changed the world of VAM.

I have a little question about cloths, but not sure it's the right place to ask it.
BTW.

Is there any manner to extract the OBJ or the original DAZ file from a cloth in VAM.

It can be very useful to make easily a switching clothing from a sex to another one.
Or to use the OBJ to creat new textures.

Do you think this can be possible?

The question has come up before. In theory, yes it's possible. However, I'm worried that it'll become a licensing headache for the mods.

Last edited:
The question has come up before. In theory, yes it's possible. However, I'm worried that it'll become a licensing headache for the mods.

Oh! I didn't see it. sorry.

Licencing problem?
I'm not really sure about your questioning about the licencing?

But just to discuss about it:

if by chance you were planning to make a plugin to do this. it's going to be an export plugin. to allow better use of VAM.

For example, VAM already lets you export characters to OBJ. It would be practically the same thing for clothes.

And a lot of other plugins allow you to export and import different things.

Of course, it's the responsibility of plugin users to always respect licensing rights.

Last edited:
Hi - great plugin, it’s really opened up a ton of potential. Any chance you could build in presets for the virts selection? For example, I have used inverted and chose all the needed virts on the legs and in the groin area so that I can import and modify panties. Works great but I have to rebuild the selection over and over as I work on different panties. Each time takes some trial and error to get all the relevant virts or they distort the crotch area of the clothing item. It would be great to have a preset that I define. Thanks!

Hey guys, am probably gonna try this out but the main issue I want to fix is things like where Person Morphs will alter the shape of clothing. Namely: shoes or necklaces being distorted. Would it be feasible for me to use this to rewrap say, high heel shoes so that they do not distort based on the fact that the Female morph I'm using is different than the vanilla VAM model? Or would you recommend a different method of fixing this? I seem to remember a plugin someone made that takes clothes and makes them Rigid like a CUA? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom