Clothing ReWrapper

Plugins Clothing ReWrapper

Stopper

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Stopper submitted a new resource:

Clothing ReWrapper - Re-wraps clothing to specified vertices

A QoL plugin for importing clothing. Allows for re-wrapping of clothing against selected vertices. Mean to simplify wrapping of rigid clothing and accessories.

This is still an early version but wanted to get feedback from the community. I don't import a lot of clothing, so let me know what features would be useful.

❤ to all the content creators out there and I hope this makes your lives a little easier.

Usage
  1. Import clothing using Clothing Creator
  2. Reload...

Read more about this resource...

Hey @Stopper I may just be a dumb dumb but I didnt understand the workflow in the video and want to learn this tool since I've imported 100's of clothes items over the years. We're you demo'ing a re-wrap after importing a mask that was poorly mapped to mouth vertices? If so what made you click on those 4 areas of the face and how can we know where to click for a rewrap?

Can you please further explain how this might work for a pair of shorts that have potatoe butt syndrome, meaning can I use this for making said pair of shorts fit better on the butt area removing gross patatoe butt with a nice cupping sexy butt look, is that possible with this? Thanks!

Hey @Stopper I may just be a dumb dumb but I didnt understand the workflow in the video and want to learn this tool since I've imported 100's of clothes items over the years. We're you demo'ing a re-wrap after importing a mask that was poorly mapped to mouth vertices? If so what made you click on those 4 areas of the face and how can we know where to click for a rewrap?

Can you please further explain how this might work for a pair of shorts that have potatoe butt syndrome, meaning can I use this for making said pair of shorts fit better on the butt area removing gross patatoe butt with a nice cupping sexy butt look, is that possible with this? Thanks!

Heya! This tool is mostly intended to help with scenarios where you don't want clothing to be wrapped to the nearest vertex. Examples are
  • Eyewear, which otherwise tends to deform when blinking (you can see this on the mask in the video)
  • Rigid clothing like helmets and armor that shouldn't morph with the body
  • Larger pieces like wide skirts, where you want it wrapped to the hip so it doesn't move with the legs.
The plugin essentially automates the process described in @mopedlampe 's guide:

In the video example, the mask was wrapped to the eyes and eyelids and that looked weird when she blinked. I rewrapped it to the forehead, temples, and chin only so that it still moves with the mouth but not the eyes anymore. (I probably also should have done nose, neck, ears, and other parts of the head but it's a short video)

It likely would not help much with standard clothing items like shorts, where the default behavior of wrapping to the closest vertex is likely what you want.

Edit: Added some of these details to the overview.

Last edited:
It likely would not help much with standard clothing items like shorts, where the default behavior of wrapping to the closest vertex is likely what you want.
That is not correct, you just have to think a little bit more out of the box.
I used my method mainly for "stiff" CUA-Like clothing objects, but with this method (and of course this plugin that i will use instead from now on) there are other possibilities, for example if you have a higher collar that you don't want to be connected to the neck area so it doesn't turn (i would have made a "giraffe morph" to move the head and neck out of the way before import), or you do a jacket that you don't want to be affected and distorted by the nipples, or you have a cloth item like a skirt that always wants to connect to the legs first and goes to wild places everytime you load it ...
personally i think this is one of these plugins that feel so essential that you can't really understand why this isn't part of the main application!

Once again, hats off Stopper, genius stuff!

Can we have an option to select single verts pretty please. I just had a bash at some glasses and couldn't get them in perfectly with 3 vert minimum selection. Otherwise this is just amazing, Love it!!

Can we have an option to select single verts pretty please. I just had a bash at some glasses and couldn't get them in perfectly with 3 vert minimum selection. Otherwise this is just amazing, Love it!!

Unfortunately not. VAM wraps clothing to triangles, so three at a time.

What I might do is add a symmetry mode so that it's easier to get a symmetric set.

Stopper updated Clothing ReWrapper with a new update entry:

Symmetric election. Inverted Mode. Prototype for cloth selection

I had to rush this one so it might be a little rough. Hopefully this update does more good than harm.
  • Added symmetric selection for the skin
  • Added an 'inverted' mode, where it will wrap to everything BUT the selected vertices
  • Added an initial version of cloth selection, which allows specifying which cloth vertices to re-wrap (rather than all)
  • Running the re-wrapper without anything selected will just wrap with no constraints.
    • This can still be useful since it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

When I use the self-luminous plug-in, two pieces of clothes imported by this plug-in will be displayed, one of which is the clothes imported by the normal process, and the display offset is 1. Does the author have time to consider deleting this? The clothes that don't use self-luminous are hidden, and I don't know if this hidden clothes is necessary or left over.But I still think this is a powerful plug-in, and the operation is intuitive and simple. I like this

When I use the self-luminous plug-in, two pieces of clothes imported by this plug-in will be displayed, one of which is the clothes imported by the normal process, and the display offset is 1. Does the author have time to consider deleting this? The clothes that don't use self-luminous are hidden, and I don't know if this hidden clothes is necessary or left over.But I still think this is a powerful plug-in, and the operation is intuitive and simple. I like this

Without getting too deep into the details, VAM clothing isn't meant to be re-wrapped and things get locked in after the initial import. I had to make a copy of the cloth as a preview.

Stopper updated Clothing ReWrapper with a new update entry:

Configurable Selection Area

• Added configurable selection area, based on triangle adjacency.
  • A few internal performance improvements
Didn't quite get material selection working. Will hopefully get that out tomorrow.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Without getting too deep into the details, VAM clothing isn't meant to be re-wrapped and things get locked in after the initial import. I had to make a copy of the cloth as a preview.
Thank you for your clarification. Although this is a minor flaw, it does not affect it. It is a great job, and thank you for your efforts

I wanted to try rewrap some badly wrapping clothing but with the plugin the vertex selection "balls" never turn green. :D The stay gray and i cant select anything.. What could cause this?

I wanted to try rewrap some badly wrapping clothing but with the plugin the vertex selection "balls" never turn green. :D The stay gray and i cant select anything.. What could cause this?

Hrm, hard to say. Might be an issue with the key bindings, or maybe a compatibility issue with another plugin.

I might also have broke something in the last update. Is anyone else seeing this?

Hrm, hard to say. Might be an issue with the key bindings, or maybe a compatibility issue with another plugin.

I might also have broke something in the last update. Is anyone else seeing this?

Keybindings? Am i supposed to press some key to activate the green balls? :p

I'm probably doing something wrong. But this is the only reaction to any of my actions with real clothes)
1688373654960.png

I'm probably doing something wrong. But this is the only reaction to any of my actions with real clothes)
View attachment 264441

Due to limitations in VAM, changing the wrapping of clothing does not update the visible mesh. This is why I have to create a 'preview' clothing to show the results.

Wrapping also requires setting the surface offset to a high value. This is the same technique that is used by @mopedlampe. This offset is contracted by a wrapping offset on he's vertex. Unfortunately, the surface offset does update immediately and this is what you are seeing; the wrap has changed and each vertex has a high surface offset (which you can't see) and the overall cloth has a large negative surface offset.

Saving and reloading the clothing should fix it. The plugin tries to hide the interim clothing and show a preview instead, but that disappears if you reload the plugin.

Is this mentioned somewhere? I must have missed it. Thank you!

It's in the usage section of the overview, but I really aught to make a proper tutorial video...

Tried to write this as a review, but server error keepign me from posting, so I'll post here and try again later :)

Five Star rating --"Finally got around to trying this plugin... and i'm floored. This saves SO MUCH time and frustration! <3 We are in your debt 🙏"

It's a great plugin!!! 🙌
But I can't understand; why we can't attach clothes, like hats, by tying it to the parent node (head, arm, etc.). This should be similar to attaching an asset (CUA) to a control node.
Purpose: to avoid distortions "hard" clothes during deformation of the mesh polygons.
In fact, you have already done this in the "Clothing Colliders" plugin. You just need to adjust it so that the garment is visible and has material settings.

It's a great plugin!!! 🙌
But I can't understand; why we can't attach clothes, like hats, by tying it to the parent node (head, arm, etc.). This should be similar to attaching an asset (CUA) to a control node.
Purpose: to avoid distortions "hard" clothes during deformation of the mesh polygons.
In fact, you have already done this in the "Clothing Colliders" plugin. You just need to adjust it so that the garment is visible and has material settings.

Great idea, and if anyone CAN do it, it seems its @Stopper !!!:p

Back
Top Bottom