Question Clothes don't cover the body

allll

Reactions
please answer! the chest sticks out from under the clothes, sometimes other parts of the body, how to solve this problem?

and more: is it possible to highlight my texture on clothes?

with respect

Last edited:
Writing also in english will expand the range of people who can read your comment.

From the title it's possibly a collision issue. Make sure the atom collision is on and also the clothes'.

Upvote 0
Please tell me: the collision of the atom of man and clothes? ! And where is it located ?

.... Thank you for your reply

Upvote 0
Hi allll,
the collision for man and woman in VaM are activated by default.
You find it at the first page of figure's main menu.
BUT the male figure has a big old bug. It has no colliders at the lower body.
So clothes that are not stiff, will stick through the man's body.
You can not do much to cure that issue.
There is a plugin that will somehow add colliders to the male figure.
I don't use it, because I use female figures most of the time, so I can't tell you anything about that.

If you want to edit the clothes, because they will stick out from at the chest,
you have to click on the clothe's options.
There you will find a tab where you can adjust the thickness of the clothes.
If the clothes are not stiff /have physics enabled, then you can adjust the different physics options, too,
like how strong they will collide with the body, and so on.
You will find this at the clothe's options menu, too.

Upvote 0
Another thing that might help - if you haven't seen it already is my guide to help people with these sorts of issues. If you're fairly new to VAM, I suggest you get comfortable with what the settings do.
https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/vam-using-clothing-for-beginners.13506/

To try and answer you question specifically - I can say this happens when the nipples are adjusted too far beyond standard bounds. Like nipple and areola size/ puffy size can cause collision on breast to stick way out. This push out is more than most clothing can handle so the tip of breasts will punch through the clothing. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
If it is only for the nipples, then there are some plugins around to simply switch them off when clothes are applied.

Here is the first plugin I found (there may be more):

The creator has an other plugin for pubes, too:

Here are the additional male colliders I have mentioned:

Upvote 0
I'm having significant issues with this as well. I'm seeing it happen a lot with standard models (no significant modifications) where clothes show through other clothes like underwear showing through shorts or a skirt. I've read the guide and I've been able to make it better by tweaking surface offset, distance scale, collision radius, collision power, etc. but I still have pretty significant issues. Mostly with multiple layers like underwear and tight shorts with a dress over it. Is this possibly a hardware issue? If I upgraded my graphics card (GeForce GTX 1080) would that help with this particular issue? Any other ideas?

Upvote 0
I'm having significant issues with this as well. I'm seeing it happen a lot with standard models (no significant modifications) where clothes show through other clothes like underwear showing through shorts or a skirt. I've read the guide and I've been able to make it better by tweaking surface offset, distance scale, collision radius, collision power, etc. but I still have pretty significant issues. Mostly with multiple layers like underwear and tight shorts with a dress over it. Is this possibly a hardware issue? If I upgraded my graphics card (GeForce GTX 1080) would that help with this particular issue? Any other ideas?

No, this is no hardware issue. We all have the same issues.
The reason is somewhat simple: there is no collision between cloth items!
An outer layer does not press down the inner layer, like in the real world.
The inner layer will simply stick through the outer layer like it isn't there.
Therefore, it is a balancing act to get layered clothing work somewhat correctly together.

It is not perfect and we have to take this into account when we create clothes or dress up the figures.
If the clothes would have collision to clothes, this would be an enormous additional workload and performance killer. I bet this would also lead to much more physics explosions like we allready have.
When the clothes system was new, we asked MeshedVR about this. His answer: "No way!"

Upvote 0
No, this is no hardware issue. We all have the same issues.
The reason is somewhat simple: there is no collision between cloth items!
An outer layer does not press down the inner layer, like in the real world.
The inner layer will simply stick through the outer layer like it isn't there.
Therefore, it is a balancing act to get layered clothing work somewhat correctly together.

It is not perfect and we have to take this into account when we create clothes or dress up the figures.
If the clothes would have collision to clothes, this would be an enormous additional workload and performance killer. I bet this would also lead to much more physics explosions like we allready have.
When the clothes system was new, we asked MeshedVR about this. His answer: "No way!"

Makes sense. It's a bummer, but I get the difficulty of having collision between clothing and really it's pretty amazing what's available so I can't complain. I'll just have to keep tweaking things and find combinations that work.

Upvote 0
I think you want to make dancing video. I have four suggests for you:
1. Open [female Morphs], set nipple size to zero .
2. Edit the cloth, set [compression resistance]、[skin joint strength]、[collision power] almost full. And set [stiffness]、[distance Scale]、[weight] to a middle value.
调节衣服属性.png

3. Open [breast physics1] and [breast physics2],set every param about damper to full.
4. Open [Glute physics] ,set set every param about damper to full.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom