Clean package [VAM]

Luxi0r27

Reactions
Hello,

I'm sorry in advance if the matter has already been resolved. :)
I'm looking for a software that can detect duplicates (assets, looks, scenes ...) in all our AddonPackage folders.

Thanks and sorry for my English, I am using a translator.:poop:

Hi,

I was looking for a tool that scans all VARs, then scans Saves/Scenes and Saves/Atom/Appearances and delete all duplicates from those directories, leaving everything intact in VARs.

I tried using a tool called VACUUM, but it did a poor job, I had to restore previously backed up VAM folder, because that tool messed up everything. I tried 2 other tools, one was a command line python tool, but they also did little to nothing.

If you are going to test any tool, backup the entire VAM folder to the side.

If that helps, here's a quick PowerShell script that lists packages that are there more than once on your AddonPackages folder:

Bash:
ls *.var -rec | % { [string]::Join(".", $_.Name.Split(".")[0..1]) } | group | where { $_.Count -gt 1 } | % { "$($_.Values).*.var $($_.Count) times $(ls "$($_.Values).*" | sort-object Length -descending | measure -property Length -Sum | % { [Math]::Round($_.Sum / 1024 / 1024) })MB" }

If you don't know how to use PowerShell... then it won't help much :)

Such a tool would be the answer to many issues we have with the new Var system.
Unfortunately I don't know of such a tool. :(

You would not only need a simple duplicate finder, but also a function to scan all scenes for dependencies.
Maybe both duplicates are used in some scenes, and if you delete one of them, those scenes will break.
Ideally this tool should recognize those duplicate-usage and edit the scene's json file.
The best thing would be something like a full-scale installation-manager, to not only delete a certain Var file, but also to display all dependencies.
Maybe some of the programmers will see a way to create something like this.

If that helps, here's a quick PowerShell script that lists packages that are there more than once on your AddonPackages folder:

Bash:
ls *.var -rec | % { [string]::Join(".", $_.Name.Split(".")[0..1]) } | group | where { $_.Count -gt 1 } | % { "$($_.Values).*.var $($_.Count) times $(ls "$($_.Values).*" | sort-object Length -descending | measure -property Length -Sum | % { [Math]::Round($_.Sum / 1024 / 1024) })MB" }

If you don't know how to use PowerShell... then it won't help much :)
Excellent, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom