Importing new packages into VAM

Deadmod9

Reactions
Hello all, I know there is a thread on the topic already, but I cannot seem to find it. I am new to VAM and downloaded a couple packages (zip files) that contain morphs and models but cannot figure out how to get them imported into VAM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Couple of ways. They should be VAR files first off. Not zip. Put them in your <VAMROOT\>Addonpackages folder. If they are ZIP, and the contents are CUSTOM, META.JSON etc.. rename them to VAR and put them in that folder. IF that doesn't work, you can extract the contents directly in to your matching folders under vam, however, this is not reccomended as your a modifying the base file structure, but doable.

As you're new better to check the tutorials first to save yourself a lot of time. See the FAQ in this forum category.

Zip files is not a common way to share content anymore. Were those from the Hub?
What's the contents like inside those zip files?

Keep in mind this issue. Some browsers "helpfully" rename VARs to ZIP in some situations...which can be quite confusing.

Back
Top Bottom