Unpack all Packages?????

jimlo

Reactions
Hi. I'm new to this incredible world. I just start in here and have a question. Do i have to unpack all the packages that shows up after copying them over to AddonPackages folder?

Unpack.jpg

Last edited:
Do i have to unpack all the packages that shows up after copying them over to AddonPackages folder?
NO, don't unpack.
Just put .var packages inside AddonPackages folder and you are done.

in short: unpacking is gonna create more messy client

NO, don't unpack.
Just put .var packages inside AddonPackages folder and you are done.

in short: unpacking is gonna create more messy client
Thanks :) But I also get a lot of missing Packages. Is there anyway i can find them?

Thanks :) But I also get a lot of missing Packages. Is there anyway i can find them?
That is kinda common issue... hunt for lost/missing references(packages). :confused:

After scanning(downloading) hub hosted packaged(and still missing some)
your best option is to look at resources with missing packages.
Maybe creator provided download link (if not hub hosted).

That is kinda common issue... hunt for lost/missing references(packages). :confused:

After scanning(downloading) hub hosted packaged(and still missing some)
your best option is to look at resources with missing packages.
Maybe creator provided download link (if not hub hosted).
Ok. I joined a few creators on Patreon as well and i see some of them do provide links, but still shows up missing. Is there anywhere i can search for it manually? Thank you for your information . I really appreciate it :)

Is there anywhere i can search for it manually?
Aside from asking around? Not really... if content is uploaded to hub than hub is gonna find it (download) for you.
If content is externally hosted (example: patreon/mega/etc) than VaM/hub can't find the package.
Like i said your best option is to ask creators where to get that XYZ package (if info was not provided on resource page or patreon post). 🤷‍♂️

Aside from asking around? Not really... if content is uploaded to hub than hub is gonna find it (download) for you.
If content is externally hosted (example: patreon/mega/etc) than VaM/hub can't find the package.
Like i said your best option is to ask creators where to get that XYZ package (if info was not provided on resource page or patreon post). 🤷‍♂️
I will ask the creators. My confusion of how this works are now a little bit lighter :) Again thank you.

It's unlcear whether you're aware of this, so I thought I'd mention it: If you download hub content from within vam, you have to option to automatically download all required pckages. This makes things much easier. Access the hub using the toolbar button with 3 dots connected to a central dot.

It's unclear whether you're aware of this, so I thought I'd mention it: If you download hub content from within vam, you have to option to automatically download all required packages. This makes things much easier. Access the hub using the toolbar button with 3 dots connected to a central dot.
Yes, i figured that out. :) But i wasn't sure if i needed to unpack the files to make the the scene to work properly, because some arent. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom