BrowserAssist (Free)

Plugins BrowserAssist (Free)

I
Thanks. I guess the only thing I really wish for now is an easy way to open the clothing "customize" page quickly from within BrowserAssist. Double clicking puts clothing on and takes it off, but there seems to be no way to open the customize clothing menu without going through the entire normal menu. It's be nice to just have a "configure clothing" button. Same with plugins, if a plugin is already loaded it'd be nice just to have a button that say "configure plugin".

Not sure if those things are possible though.
I'll add those to my to do list. The clothing items one should be fairly easy. The plugins one will be more difficult - not sure if I'll get to that.

Hello, how are you? I have 2 questions, why can't I see the assets/environments in the TAGS tab? , could they be ASSETBUNDLE files?, And the other thing is how do I delete files that I don't need, I don't really see that tab. Thank you very much for your time in responding.

Hello, how are you? I have 2 questions, why can't I see the assets/environments in the TAGS tab? , could they be ASSETBUNDLE files?, And the other thing is how do I delete files that I don't need, I don't really see that tab. Thank you very much for your time in responding.
To enable deletion, you need to read the installation instructions on the main hub page here.

I dont really understand your other question. Tags are labels that you (as a BA user) can apply to resources to enable you to organise and categorise resources. In the free version of BrowserAssist you can only browse Scene and Appearance Preset resources. You need the patreons version to browse other resource types, including CustomUnityAssets - which are normally what assets/environments are made from.

Para habilitar la eliminación, debe leer las instrucciones de instalación en la página principal del centro aquí .

Realmente no entiendo tu otra pregunta. Las etiquetas son etiquetas que usted (como usuario de BA) puede aplicar a los recursos para permitirle organizar y categorizar recursos. En la versión gratuita de BrowserAssist solo puedes explorar recursos preestablecidos de escena y apariencia. Necesita la versión de patreons para explorar otros tipos de recursos, incluidos CustomUnityAssets, que normalmente son de lo que están hechos los activos/entornos.
thanks so much 🙏

In fact, I encounter this problem not only on MacGruber plugins. But yes, one example is MacGruber Life, of which I only need the Gaze plugin. I don't need all of Life. And I can't download the Gaze module separately via Browser Assist. The rest of the plugins I can't immediately remember right now. You could just add this function, and make the switch Visible\Invisible, that would be cool
In version 1.22 there is now an option to show .cs files referenced from .csList files

JayJayWon updated BrowserAssist (Free) with a new update entry:

BrowserAssist v1.22.0

New Features:
  • Support for Session and Scene Plugin Preset resources
  • Option in plugin setting to enable Plugins referenced from plugins with .csList file extensions. By default, any .cs plugins that are referenced from a .csList file are not separately visible in BrowserAssist. In most cases this is valid as the .cs plugins are only meant to be run in combination with all the files referenced in the .csList - however there are some exceptions.
  • The M key now hides the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

BrowserAssist v1.23.1 Update

New Features:
  • Quick Filter Buttons - new powerful feature that allows multiple Filter settings to be saved and recalled through a new top panel in the browser containing configurable Quick Filter Buttons.
  • Additional option to include Mocap data when importing a General Preset from a Scene atom.
  • Performance improvements
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug with Saving Presets directly from Scenes (as part of Scene Import feature), where the source atom was inside a...

Hey @JayJayWon - I have 7887 scenes in VAM and with the plugin VAM takes 63 seconds to load, besides removing scenes is there anything else I can do to speed up the load time? Is there a setting or a way to reduce these 63 seconds? I have been considering removing half the scenes to speed up loads but often there's instances where I want to load some of the older scenes without having to place them back into my scene folder.

Any advice is appreciated!

Hey @JayJayWon - I have 7887 scenes in VAM and with the plugin VAM takes 63 seconds to load, besides removing scenes is there anything else I can do to speed up the load time? Is there a setting or a way to reduce these 63 seconds? I have been considering removing half the scenes to speed up loads but often there's instances where I want to load some of the older scenes without having to place them back into my scene folder.

Not really. It just has a lot to do at startup. Go and make a cup of tea? Sorry, not very helpful I know.

One option: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/var-browser.27150/

Thanks for this awesome plugin, makes using Vam very convenient. However, there is one thing I would really like is if I could load an appearance preset along with a scene. Is there a way to do this currently?

Thanks for this awesome plugin, makes using Vam very convenient. However, there is one thing I would really like is if I could load an appearance preset along with a scene. Is there a way to do this currently?
Hmm, no there isnt. I'll make a note of it but its not likely to be something I cab implement easily.

Hmm, no there isnt. I'll make a note of it but its not likely to be something I cab implement easily.
No worries, maybe it could be a easier if we can setup a queued load or trigger preset load after scene load completes.

Yeah editing VARs to remove resources is going to break BrowserAssist. It does scan new VARs once and then cache the important information. Fundamentally this is a significant part of the reason why BA is more responsive than the native scene browser.
I'm not really sure that editing VARs this way is "good practice" in any case. VARs are intended to be immutable and editing them risks all sorts of potential dependency issues. I'd seriously challenge whether there is not a better workflow to achieve what ever drives you to do this. Have you considered making the edited version of the VAR a higher version number. If you say, always name your edited version to be "xxx.100.var" then that is a new version (with less content). As long as the original author never releases something as high as this, then you should avoid referencing conflicts also.
All that being said, I could potentially put a button in BA to allow the user to force a manual rescan of a specific VAR.
I was also wondering how to "clear the BA cache" Is this possible?
I'm removing some vars, and don't want any previous artifact showing up in my menus.

BrowserAssist v1.24.0

New Features:
  • New powerful Combi-Tag options allow complex, logic based, auto tagging - using new criteria such as Package License, Creator Name, Local folder location, VAR package folder location, created and updated dates. Allows combining resource organisation approaches of Tagging and Folder locations (amongst many other use cases).
  • New combi-tag options can also be access in the main BA window direct from the Filters panel. (PATREONS ONLY)
  • Improvements to performance...

You shouldnt have to confirm each one. Do you not have a Delete All button:
View attachment 246015
That should batch delete all the selected files with one confirm prompt

If you dont have a 'Delete All' button, have you enabled the SymLinks functionality described in the installation instructions.
Having the same issue. CreateBASymLinks.bat file was executed on my end, but I'm still only seeing one Delete VAR button instead of Delete All. Is there something I'm missing?

Having the same issue. CreateBASymLinks.bat file was executed on my end, but I'm still only seeing one Delete VAR button instead of Delete All. Is there something I'm missing?
First check that you have Bulk delete enabled in the Settings under the PluginUI?
If that doesnt work, try running the RemoveBASymLinks first and then CreateBASymLinks. If it still doesnt work, then please share with me a screenshot of the batch window when you run the CreateBASymLinks.

BrowserAssist v1.25.1 Update

New Features:
  • PATREONS ONLY: New options to import CustomUnityAsset (CUA) atoms with Appearances from Scenes (activate in Preset Options - see screenshot). Allows Person looks that depend on CUAs for hair, clothing and accessories to be fully loaded from the a source scene onto any Person in any scene - without being dependent on the CUAManager plugin.
View attachment 345469
  • Quick Filter buttons can now be customised to different colors
  • New quick...

I think I accidentally deleted multiple VARs yesterday. I was curious where the deleted files go, when using Windows. Are they sent to Recycle Bin, or are they still there but just unlinked somehow?
Thanks for the amazing plugin.

I think I accidentally deleted multiple VARs yesterday. I was curious where the deleted files go, when using Windows. Are they sent to Recycle Bin, or are they still there but just unlinked somehow?
Thanks for the amazing plugin.
I think they get deleted permanently. I dont have any control over that. The delete capability is something that Meshed makes available to plugins and there's no option to sent it to recycle bin.

Hey, I am wondering if I'm blind, or is there really no option to not see just the latest vars. I like to compare look or scenes with their older versions pretty often, but only the latest are shown and I don't see a way to change that. Its a feature of the default scene browser. Didn't see it in the paid version feature list either. I must just be missing something?

Hey, I am wondering if I'm blind, or is there really no option to not see just the latest vars. I like to compare look or scenes with their older versions pretty often, but only the latest are shown and I don't see a way to change that. Its a feature of the default scene browser. Didn't see it in the paid version feature list either. I must just be missing something?
No there is not that option currently. Its something Ive thought about adding, but your the first person to comment on its absence so I was starting to conclude it wasnt something anyone would use. I'll add it to the list.

No there is not that option currently. Its something Ive thought about adding, but your the first person to comment on its absence so I was starting to conclude it wasnt something anyone would use. I'll add it to the list.
Totally, I didn't even notice until recently but it actually solves some issues I've had finding certain scenes or looks due to the way some creators package new vars. For instance, one issue I can point to is oni's newest version of tifa only adds a new version of her standard preset, and not the other ones included in the previous versions. So now that means all the other presets are hidden unless I use vam default browser. It seems like a oversight on their part but it's made me realize it's not the first time I've seen this happen and now I know why. Appreciate you adding it to the list!

Last edited:
Totally, I didn't even notice until recently but it actually solves some issues I've had finding certain scenes or looks due to the way some creators package new vars. For instance, one issue I can point to is oni's newest version of tifa only adds a new version of her standard preset, and not the other ones included in the previous versions. So now that means all the other presets are hidden unless I use vam default browser. It seems like a oversight on their part but it's made me realize it's not the first time I've seen this happen and now I know why. Appreciate you adding it to the list!
I wouldnt expect that to happen in BrowserAssist. You should still be able to view presets from older VARs if they've been removed in newer versions. BA always shows the latest version of each individual file.

Back
Top Bottom