BodyNet (Free)

Plugins BodyNet (Free)

Are the networks/the compare-poses symmetric? I'm getting(small) missmatches in the thighs with the Alana preset/network? (Also, chest controller doesn't align well, which is weird, bcs almost everything else does ...)

P.S.: Are FreezePhysics/Softbody off no longer necessary? (both off by default)
Yes to both.
I moved away from relying on where the Rigidbodies are at any time. Instead, I use the DAZbone information and calculate what each morph does to them myself.
You can do pretty much whatever you want with the persons, now. Soft body physics, hair, clothing, collisions as long as you don't enable overlay view. You can even put them into any pose you like.
Small differences in the left/right color indicators have been bugging me for a while. I put them down to rounding errors, probably. In fact, the network looks at the right side of the body, exclusively. Every morph the plugin adjusts should be symmetrical, too.

Struggle with the chest stems from the appearances I trained on. They had very different chest positions after everything else was lined up. Particularly any forward/back offset can't be compensated well. You'll get a better starting point than before but you won't get around refining if your sample is one of the outliers.
Here's what the Alana training result looks like. Keep in mind, that's 42 skeletons drawn on top of each other.
1698917507959.png

Yes to both.
I moved away from relying on where the Rigidbodies are at any time. Instead, I use the DAZbone information and calculate what each morph does to them myself.
You can do pretty much whatever you want with the persons, now. Soft body physics, hair, clothing, collisions as long as you don't enable overlay view. You can even put them into any pose you like.
Yay! Does this mean ... maybe ... that we might have a "one-person-plugin version" sometime in the future? (Dunno what you mean exactly by "42 Skeletons" - but I do know there weren't any in my scene, so I figure your algorithm might be able to match a body to (virtual) "skeleton-data" that isn't actually in the scene?

Like, I train a network to match my favorite body-type(s) to Alana's skeleton using the full plugin. Then I drop the single-person plugin with the trained network into a scene by CuddleMocap & it works its magic without a 2nd person atom to compare to?

Small differences in the left/right color indicators have been bugging me for a while. I put them down to rounding errors, probably. In fact, the network looks at the right side of the body, exclusively. Every morph the plugin adjusts should be symmetrical, too.
Ok, thanks for clarifying. That's a bit annoying (OCD + symmetry-fetish), but good to know that the differences are purely cosmetic.
Struggle with the chest stems from the appearances I trained on. They had very different chest positions after everything else was lined up. Particularly any forward/back offset can't be compensated well. You'll get a better starting point than before but you won't get around refining if your sample is one of the outliers.
Here's what the Alana training result looks like. Keep in mind, that's 42 skeletons drawn on top of each other.
View attachment 302806
Hmmmmh - I tried training a network to match my custom body to the Alana-model from scratch. Went remarkably fast, even in VR. Still struggled to match the chest-node.

;Maybe some peculiarity with Alana? Though ... there's far worse bodies (Ellie ... :graaaaaahhhh!:)

Yay! Does this mean ... maybe ... that we might have a "one-person-plugin version" sometime in the future? (Dunno what you mean exactly by "42 Skeletons" - but I do know there weren't any in my scene, so I figure your algorithm might be able to match a body to (virtual) "skeleton-data" that isn't actually in the scene?

Like, I train a network to match my favorite body-type(s) to Alana's skeleton using the full plugin. Then I drop the single-person plugin with the trained network into a scene by CuddleMocap & it works its magic without a 2nd person atom to compare to?

Ok, thanks for clarifying. That's a bit annoying (OCD + symmetry-fetish), but good to know that the differences are purely cosmetic.

Hmmmmh - I tried training a network to match my custom body to the Alana-model from scratch. Went remarkably fast, even in VR. Still struggled to match the chest-node.

;Maybe some peculiarity with Alana? Though ... there's far worse bodies (Ellie ... :graaaaaahhhh!:)
The plugin just hasn't access to morphs that move nodes in every which way. Some offsets it can't compensate for. E.g. it can adjust neck length but it's helpless if the head's morphed 10 [unit of your choice] to the front or back.
If you find morphs that could help feel free to make suggestions. If anyone's proficient in creating morphs I'd be happy about contributions.

In the advanced section of the scene plugin's UI, you can save the "virtual" skeletons to files and add them to the list of training targets later. That way, I saved a selection of appearances from a multitude of creators and used 42 of them to train the network on. When using multiple skeletons, training optimizes for the average squared deviation from the source :cool:
Why 42? "I checked it very thoroughly," said the computer, "and that quite definitely is the answer". All kidding aside, I just happened to save 42 of them.

An in-scene plugin is on my mind but I haven't figured out how the user's work flow should look like. I could take it into many different directions. To me, it wouldn't make any sense if it required matching/optimizing your appearances in my scene first. In that case, you could simply save the result and use a plugin that automatically applies a saved appearance upon scene load.
I could build a person atom plugin that captures its hosts skeleton upon load and give it a trigger "I replaced the appearance/morphs, please match the original bone structure." I just don't know how useful that would be. Personally, I'd rather save a preset instead of running the plugin every time I open a scene. Usually, I tinker with scenes until they're perfect and save them including my appearance.

That's a bit annoying (OCD + symmetry-fetish)
Believe me, I feel you.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I could build a person atom plugin that captures its hosts skeleton upon load and give it a trigger "I replaced the appearance/morphs, please match the original bone structure." I just don't know how useful that would be.
That would be my dream scenario!
My scenario would be: Load any scene. Apply bodynet plugin to a person I want to replace (upon merge loading the plugin expecting it to remember the original bone structure). Replace the appearance. Go into the plugin and press a magic "match" button! Hurray! Even better if the plugin could detect person appearance changes and automatically "match" the new appearance once (after loading is done) because that's the context I'm in (don't know if that's possible, but hey, maybe detect it if skin texture changes or something)! That would really make is easy to change appearances in scenes where I know the propotions differs strongly from the default look.

My scenario would be: Load any scene. Apply bodynet plugin to a person I want to replace (upon merge loading the plugin expecting it to remember the original bone structure). Replace the appearance. Go into the plugin and press a magic "match" button! Hurray! Even better if the plugin could detect person appearance changes and automatically "match" the new appearance once (after loading is done) because that's the context I'm in (don't know if that's possible, but hey, maybe detect it if skin texture changes or something)! That would really make is easy to change appearances in scenes where I know the propotions differs strongly from the default look.
I haven't found an event that tells me when the appearance changes, yet. Polling for changes isn't particularly great.

My scenario would be: Load any scene. Apply bodynet plugin to a person I want to replace (upon merge loading the plugin expecting it to remember the original bone structure). Replace the appearance. Go into the plugin and press a magic "match" button! Hurray!

Yeah, that'd be my usecase, too - though probably I'll mod the scene and save the plugin into a local copy. Would be nice if I could just throw whatever looks I have into it.

Mind you - my "looks" are already pretty standardized (head, body, genital split with MergeLoaderAndSplit - where body remains constant & has largely default bonedimensions.

But while I can throw my "BodyNet-pre-adjusted-body" into the scene, and it'll largely work with the animations, merging a different head onto that body requires smth that can compute body-to-head ration. So either LFE's heightmeasure plugin or yours. LFE's plugin is not very flexible, requires messing around with plugin-mergeloads :)barf:) and, oftentimes, moving the person's main controller to a different position - which can be tedious if the scene starts with a timeline track loaded that steers that main controller.

Could you give some detailed guidance on the effects of the "Body Size Limit Multiplier"?

I've gotten some really odd results with that one - admittedly, this was with a custom-trained network, and the source I was trying to fit to had some ODD boobs ... but I've never seen anything like it before. My char looked like it'd been sucked dry, like a twig.

Could you give some detailed guidance on the effects of the "Body Size Limit Multiplier"?

I've gotten some really odd results with that one - admittedly, this was with a custom-trained network, and the source I was trying to fit to had some ODD boobs ... but I've never seen anything like it before. My char looked like it'd been sucked dry, like a twig.
Sure, that's not explained on the front page, yet.
Adjusting the body/head proportion is a separate step after adjusting the bone structure. In this step, the plugin will change the head's size until the ratio is the same it was before any alteration to the bone structure. It also increases or decreases the body size to stay in line with the head (how "big" the model is/the body's volume). You'd end up with a head that looks too big or small for the body, otherwise.
However, there's a limit to how much you can grow or shrink head and body before it starts to look unnatural. The plugin will not move past the set limits and potentially not reach the original body/head ratio. If your models have a large size difference you can try increasing the limit sliders but it's a trade off between body/head ratio and a natural look. Results will vary.

TBD updated BodyNet (Free) with a new update entry:

sneak peak for the pro release (paid)

I plan on releasing a paid version that comes with a person plugin as well as a session plugin that automatically adds the person plugin like you know it from Cheesy's PluginSuit, for example.

You can hook the person plugin up in UIAssist or a button in your scene.
There will be a creator version that you can package and ship with your vars, too. With that version, you could even ship your own custom trained networks along with the plugin. Your patreons could load and adjust...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there a fix for when bodynet picks up no difference from the source model to the target model ? Right now i have a clear difference in body height/size but when i add my target model it shows that they are both the exact same. And so then training does nothing, and as soon as i press 'Female Replaced' it matches the source height to the target ! Should be the other way around. It has worked perfectly so far with other models.

1699699999089.png

Is there a fix for when bodynet picks up no difference from the source model to the target model ? Right now i have a clear difference in body height/size but when i add my target model it shows that they are both the exact same. And so then training does nothing, and as soon as i press 'Female Replaced' it matches the source height to the target ! Should be the other way around. It has worked perfectly so far with other models.
The plugin requires both models to have the same scale. That's why the "Female replaced" button sets them both to 1.
You can change the scale back to its original value after processing.

Btw. you might want to be careful when posting images of models that could be seen as underaged. It's not something I approve of, personally.

The plugin requires both models to have the same scale. That's why the "Female replaced" button sets them both to 1.
You can change the scale back to its original value after processing.

Btw. you might want to be careful when posting images of models that could be seen as underaged. It's not something I approve of, personally.
Ah ok thank you for clearing that up !! I will check it out next time. And understood very clearly with your last message. It is not my model and as you can see i am trying to replace her with my personal model. She is the default model in a scene from well known creator Ruthven2000. I do appreciate your concern and heeding message and will be careful with what i post in the future.

Ah ok thank you for clearing that up !! I will check it out next time. And understood very clearly with your last message. It is not my model and as you can see i am trying to replace her with my personal model. She is the default model in a scene from well known creator Ruthven2000. I do appreciate your concern and heeding message and will be careful with what i post in the future.
The line is pretty wide with digitally created content and always a bit subjective. I don't think your image is overstepping it but it's certainly an offense I wouldn't want to be flagged for.

Not sure if it's always been like this, but when trying to match with a smaller/shorter model I always end up with a short & chubby version.
The Body Scale morph is not being used, or set to a very small value after calibration, resulting in a model that is always just short and chubby.

Not sure if it's always been like this, but when trying to match with a smaller/shorter model I always end up with a short & chubby version.
The Body Scale morph is not being used, or set to a very small value after calibration, resulting in a model that is always just short and chubby.
Which network are you using and how short are we talking about? Do you use "keep body/head ration"?

hello. i find overview not clear how to use this plugin.

Should i open some scene that is create for use plugin then load source apearance then load destiny apearonce and then start to do magic with that manu thats on your movie ?

or just open any scene >> add plugin to girl in scene, load your plugin>> it will open manu >>then you choose from list of scene original girls apearance (if more than one) you want to reacreate your apearnece ?

Does that change girl breast size/shape? Head shape?

hello. i find overview not clear how to use this plugin.

Should i open some scene that is create for use plugin then load source apearance then load destiny apearonce and then start to do magic with that manu thats on your movie ?

or just open any scene >> add plugin to girl in scene, load your plugin>> it will open manu >>then you choose from list of scene original girls apearance (if more than one) you want to reacreate your apearnece ?

Does that change girl breast size/shape? Head shape?
Hi,
the free version only contains the scene plugin. Please open the TBD.BodyNet_Free scene, load the appearances as described, press "Female replaced" and then Apply/Refine.

A version of the plugin that can be added to a female in any scene and matches the original appearance after loading a custom one is available on my patreon.

In any case, both versions only adjust bone morphs and shouldn't affect how your model looks (e.g. breasts, head shape).

Hi,
the free version only contains the scene plugin. Please open the TBD.BodyNet_Free scene, load the appearances as described, press "Female replaced" and then Apply/Refine.

A version of the plugin that can be added to a female in any scene and matches the original appearance after loading a custom one is available on my patreon.

In any case, both versions only adjust bone morphs and shouldn't affect how your model looks (e.g. breasts, head shape).
Thank U. Ill try :D

Maybe one more question: so if im right i should:

1) open scene i like, open girl atom, save her aperance( which person atom tab save button i should use?
2) Open your scene load that apearnce from 1) , load my previously saved aperance end then start matching,
3) save my loaded enhanced apearance
4) open scene from point 1) open girl atom , load saved in 3) apearance

Sounds about right.

which person atom tab save button i should use?
What do you mean, exactly? There's a tab called "Appearance Presets". You could also use "Morph Presets".
If the scene's model doesn't use the default 1.0 scale there's an additional step 5) "set the original scale"

Which network are you using and how short are we talking about? Do you use "keep body/head ration"?

Not crazy short or anything, maybe scale 0.950 or close to that.
Default network? I dunno.
I try both Keep body/head ratio and it's similar result both times.

Not crazy short or anything, maybe scale 0.950 or close to that.
Default network? I dunno.
I try both Keep body/head ratio and it's similar result both times.
Could you send me or post screen shots of the before and after, please?

Hi can someone please show with pictures how to get this plugin to work, sorry I cannot understand the instructions when it says

"
Just load the morph preset or appearance you want to match on the "source" atom and your custom look on the "target" and press "Female Replaced" and then "Apply" or "Refine / train". Don't be afraid of breaking anything. You can still train further after applying the default output if it doesn't line up well enough.
If you're just after the generated morph preset and not aiming to actually train the network you can press "Stop" to abort the process at any time, once you're happy with the alignment. After that, all that's left is to save the morph preset and use it your scenes. "

Hi can someone please show with pictures how to get this plugin to work, sorry I cannot understand the instructions when it says

"
Just load the morph preset or appearance you want to match on the "source" atom and your custom look on the "target" and press "Female Replaced" and then "Apply" or "Refine / train". Don't be afraid of breaking anything. You can still train further after applying the default output if it doesn't line up well enough.
If you're just after the generated morph preset and not aiming to actually train the network you can press "Stop" to abort the process at any time, once you're happy with the alignment. After that, all that's left is to save the morph preset and use it your scenes. "
Do you have specific questions? Let's take it step by step:
  1. Open the scene that comes with the plugin
  2. Press U to toggle the UI on
  3. Press E to enter edit mode
  4. Select the female atom called "source"
  5. Go to the "Appearance Presets" tab
  6. Select and load the look you want to match the bone structure of
  7. Select the female atom called "target"
  8. Go to the "Appearance Presets" tab
  9. Select and load the look you want to adjust
  10. Press "Female Replaced"
  11. Press "Apply" or "Refine / Train"