BodyNet (Free)

Plugins BodyNet (Free)

Ummmmh ... no? At least until v21, It takes the source's body-to-head ratio and applies it to the target. Very, very sure of that
Let me assure you, it does not.
However, it did clamp the min and max values for Head Big to -1/1 before v21, preventing it from achieving the desired ratio in some cases.

TBD updated BodyNet - use your favourite look in any scene with a new update entry:

minor update

changelog v22
Fixes
  • Fixed the UI not being anchored to the camera correctly.
General improvements
  • Increased the min/max values for morphs from -1/1 to -2/2.
    This affects existing training data but should be compensated for relatively quickly.
  • Changed how the training rate is calculated and configured.
    You can adjust this in the session plugin's settings if you wish to.
    • increase to speed up processing a single look...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Let me assure you, it does not.
However, it did clamp the min and max values for Head Big to -1/1 before v21, preventing it from achieving the desired ratio in some cases.

You are, of course, entirely correct - My apologies, I noticed that the plugin was frequently coming up on the default [-1,+1] limit, but I failed to identify that as the cause of the deviation from target body-to-height ratio.

If you mean hands and elbows are too far forward/back, yes, with some presets. The Arms Short morph isn't sufficient to remedy that. We probably need to find more fine grained arm/hand morphs.

I tested v21 with a couple looks that I never managed to fit manually - eg. TGC's RC and Lana looks (look deceptively benign ... ), or Scamp's Kelly look (short, compact ... weird AF)

It's pretty good right out the box & gets steadily better with training - it quickly matches"trunk" & legs, but then it seems to run into a wall:

a) Arms. Either it's my weird-ass custom look- or maybe we need separate upperarm/forearm morphs, just like with the legs.
b) From the diagnostic display, it looks like "thigh Apart" has insufficient range to match certain presets - thigh nodes fit almost, but not quite. I tried extending the morph's limits, but that appears not to do a lot.

Mind you, we're talking about .3-.9 loss after 2-3 runs, so I'd say it's definitely getting the job done.

Your idea to pair body scale with head big seems to produce better-looking results. No more shrunken heads.

Last edited:
Tested v21 with a couple looks that drove me to distraction when I tried to fit manually - eg. TGC's RC and Lana looks (look deceptively benign ... ), or Scamp's Kelly look (short, compact ... weird AF)

It's pretty good right out the box & gets a lot better with training, even with those difficult presets.

It quickly succeeds fitting trunk & legs - but where it seems to really struggles without making much headway is:
a) Arms. Either it's my weird-ass custom look- or we need separate upperarm/forearm morphs, just like with thelegs. Not sure what its problem is exactly - it appears unable to "straighten the elbow joint" (probably has nothing to do with the joint's angle-limits or goal, but that's what it looks like)
b) "Thigh Apart" seems to have insufficient range for the Kelly preset - thigh nodes fit almost, but not quite. I tried extending the morph's limit times - doesn't seem to give it much more range.

Mind you, we're talking about .3-.9 loss after 2-3 runs, so I'd say it's definitely getting the job done. Just seems to me that it merely lacks a couple more tools (morphs) to do it perfect.
You'll be delighted to hear that CheesyFX made some custom morphs for the arms that will help tremendously. I'm currently training for them.

So, now that I have a better understanding of what this is doing, it's fantastic! And the new update makes it even better

it doesn't work. I'm doing something wrong
1698367945306.png

TBD updated BodyNet - use your favourite look in any scene with a new update entry:

this one's about arms, rotating things and saving

changelog v23
Features
  • Added two new morphs to adjust arms, created by the one and only CheesyFX.
    They allow scaling without affecting the elbow angle.
  • Added a UI slider to rotate both females and the drawn skeleton.
  • You can pick a file name when saving and loading 🥳
Changes
  • Reverted the limits for the head big and body size morphs to their VaM defaults.
  • Added...

Heads up: The UI seem to be hidden outside the view in VR since it's anchored to the CameraRig.
Menu shows up on desktop as intended,

This is sub-optimal for usage in VR when adjusting looks before entering a scene. Don't think any easy fix exist but maybe a button to move the UI next to the target person again like older versions? Dunno.

Heads up: The UI seem to be hidden outside the view in VR since it's anchored to the CameraRig.
Menu shows up on desktop as intended,

This is sub-optimal for usage in VR when adjusting looks before entering a scene. Don't think any easy fix exist but maybe a button to move the UI next to the target person again like older versions? Dunno.
Yeah, I'm aware. I was wondering if anyone would want to use this in VR. I'll add that to the backlog.

I hurried. there were steps to wait for. after how to save?
Similar to how you save an appearance preset, there's a tab called "Morph Presets".
Save a new morph preset then load your appearance preset and apply the saved morph preset.

Yeah, I'm aware. I was wondering if anyone would want to use this in VR. I'll add that to the backlog.

Similar to how you save an appearance preset, there's a tab called "Morph Presets".
Save a new morph preset then load your appearance preset and apply the saved morph preset.
exactly. thanks a lot bro

love this idea. Just tried my first one and while it worked with many aspects, it didn't seem to correctly, or at all, adjust shoulder width, or neck length, after 13 runs.

love this idea. Just tried my first one and while it worked with many aspects, it didn't seem to correctly, or at all, adjust shoulder width, or neck length, after 13 runs.
Did the plugin change their respective morphs?
It would be great if you posted before and after screen shots. Thanks.

the next one's going to be crazy

sneak peak v26

We'll be able to train on multiple target persons simultaneously. All computations are made in parallel, which means you can utilize more of your CPU when you train with lots of models.
The training goal here is to reduce the average loss. This also means I can create and package networks that are way better in matching any appearance to a specific source look.

Here's a shot of 21 skeletons processed at the same time:
View attachment 302211
[ATTACH...

Errrrh ... apologies for being slow, but ... how's that going to work in practise?

Like having one source look and 10 targets? In the same scene? But even really powerful rigs struggle to support more than three or four person atoms in one scene?
It's just for training. The plugin loads as many virtual skeletons as you like, no additional person atoms are needed.
By training on a set of morph presets instead of a single one we get a network that's way more capable. The networks that were trained on only a single appearance are always biased towards what they've seen last.

The functionality of matching a single target to a single source does not change. You will see far better results by pressing "Apply" than before, though.
Previously, the plugin was only a neural network doing some magic. Now, we're getting into the territory of machine learning.

one about pre-trained networks

changelog v26
Features
  • Updated/added the pre-trained networks for the following source appearances, more to come.
    • VaM Default
    • CuddleMocap.Alana
    • Androinz.Ellie
    • AshenRyder.Chloe
    • ZenMocap
  • Added the ability to train on sets of target skeletons.
    By increasing the training set size we can train networks that are more versatile and less biased.
    This allows me to package pre-trained networks that are far more capable of generating good...

Are the networks/the compare-poses symmetric? I'm getting(small) missmatches in the thighs with the Alana preset/network? (Also, chest controller doesn't align well, which is weird, bcs almost everything else does ...)

P.S.: Are FreezePhysics/Softbody off no longer necessary? (both off by default)

Back
Top Bottom