BodyLanguage

Plugins BodyLanguage

Whenever I load in to specific scenes, this error keeps spamming me on loop and I can't undo it without restarting VAM. Then it will happen again as soon as I load said scnences. Any help would be appreciated

item.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at CheesyFX.FillMeUp.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
!> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
!> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
!> Syst

<Truncated>

The player is the fallback target if nothing else is visible. There is no way around that except to make sure there's always some visible target around (e.g. the environment).

Setting the Focus Target to "None" wouldn't make sense.
Thanks, the first bit is indeed the solution to problem A.
A workaround to that issue then, is to ensure there is always a target in sight besides the player face, for example a random empty atom that is parent linked right in front of the person's eyes.

Just to comment on this further though, the "regular/original" gaze/glance plugin does not have this same behaviour as it's capable of selecting "nothing".
I think it refers to it as "spacey state?". Where it simply looks around at nothing when no target is in sight.
Because of this, not having a target means that it does not force itself to start looking at the player, if not desired.

The issue about the focus target UI remains however.
When you first load this plugin on a person atom, the focus target UI has nothing selected.
It is this same state I assumed we should be able to go back to, instead of always having something in that pull down menu selected.

Unless the selection in that drop down menu is irrelevant to any usage of it?

Last edited:
for example a random empty atom that is parent linked right in front of the person's eyes.
No, an empty is not a valid target because it doesn't have a mesh to look at. You could use an invisible cube though, but I think this kinda puts my system ad absurdum.

Just to comment on this further though, the "regular/original" gaze/glance plugin does not have this same behaviour as it's capable of selecting "nothing".
I think it refers to it as "spacey state?". Where it simply looks around at nothing when no target is in sight.
Because of this, not having a target means that it does not force itself to start looking at the player, if not desired.
The original Gaze snaps the eyes to stare straight forward as soon as nothing interesting is in the cone. I hated that snap. Plus the frustrum settings didn't have any effect for me, so she was almost always staring at nothing like a puppet, unless I'm literally right in front of her. An inch further? Snap.

You always have to look at something. That's the general rule of my Gaze. Again, add your environment or any kind of asset(built in furniture with a mesh to the target list.

However, v72 will let you select "Person Faces" as the fallback target instead of the player. This means that she'll constantly try to turn around if there's only a male behind her back though.

It is this same state I assumed we should be able to go back to, instead of always having something in that pull down menu selected.
Why do you want to go back to this state? The focus target chooser only has an effect when you trigger "Focus Now". If you don't want her to look at the selected target, don't trigger Focus Now. And no, you can't use it to focus on nothing.

Last edited:
Will v72 have the option to turn off Use Mirrors in Gaze and have it stay off?
I've already answered you this question, didn't I?

Dear Cheesy, I love BL and wonder if you could let us know when V72 will be released ? I´m really lookign forward to it. Many thanks for your work !