Auto Pupil

Plugins Auto Pupil

What determines the size? Proximity of the light or the brightness?

The proximity of the light (quadratic falloff), the brightness (color multiplier), and also the perceived brightness based on color are all turned into a final perceived brightness (most of our eyes, outside of color blindness, subjectively perceive green as brighter than red or blue for instance)

If you find any problems let me know.

lfe updated Auto Pupil with a new update entry:

Complete rework of lighting detection

This should now work with any type of light you throw at this. This now just uses a sort of hidden screen that catches the light right in front of the eyes.

This hidden light catcher will glow white hot in day and be dark at night but it will not get in your way because it is magic.

(behind the curtain: it uses a second camera with a rendertexture attached to something just in front of the the persons head that only the second camera can see - sorry if I ruined the magic)

Read the rest of this update entry...

I’m new to Virtamate, so I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask a question.
Here are my questions if this is the right spot:
1) I installed the plugin and it didn’t work till I reset VaM. Is that normal for scripts or a quirk for yours?
2) Once working, the eyes did dialate, but at random frequency’s and it just made the model look high af, which was pretty funny. I figured out how to turn that off in the custom UI but now the models eyes do not dilate at all. Is there documentation somewhere of how the sliders work? Again I’m new, so my apologies if I missed it.

I’m new to Virtamate, so I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask a question.
Here are my questions if this is the right spot:
1) I installed the plugin and it didn’t work till I reset VaM. Is that normal for scripts or a quirk for yours?
2) Once working, the eyes did dialate, but at random frequency’s and it just made the model look high af, which was pretty funny. I figured out how to turn that off in the custom UI but now the models eyes do not dilate at all. Is there documentation somewhere of how the sliders work? Again I’m new, so my apologies if I missed it.

Welcome to the community.

1) That is normal with all var files but frustrating. There is a Rescan Add-on Packages button in the main menu somewhere that refreshes all new var files you have saved

2) Well you don't want your models to be high. First, make sure you have the latest version 6 that I uploaded just a few minutes ago. If you would like the dilation to move slower, try moving some of the Light Adjust Within or Dark Adjust Within sliders to have larger values. In this case a 3 would mean when it gets Lighter (or Darker) do the dilation animation over 3 seconds. If you make that larger it might help smooth things out.

I will document those sliders on this plugin page. Make sure to tell me any ideas you have after playing around.

Welcome to the community.

1) That is normal with all var files but frustrating. There is a Rescan Add-on Packages button in the main menu somewhere that refreshes all new var files you have saved

2) Well you don't want your models to be high. First, make sure you have the latest version 6 that I uploaded just a few minutes ago. If you would like the dilation to move slower, try moving some of the Light Adjust Within or Dark Adjust Within sliders to have larger values. In this case a 3 would mean when it gets Lighter (or Darker) do the dilation animation over 3 seconds. If you make that larger it might help smooth things out.

I will document those sliders on this plugin page. Make sure to tell me any ideas you have after playing around.
I’ll update and give it a whirl tonight and let you know. Thank you so much for your response!

I’ll update and give it a whirl tonight and let you know. Thank you so much for your response!

I just gave this a go in VR and it does not work like I expect. All of my testing was in desktop mode. Looks like I have a bug or more. I'll work through them and post an updated download when I can.

Hey, I'm currently trying to use the latest version plug-in in VaM 1.20.0.10 desktop mode.

Firstly, it doesn't seem to effect the pupils no matter how I effect the light.
Second, if I save the scene and then reload it, the plug-in creates an additional LightDetector-*****. Since I am a scene creator, I save often, so that can lead to many copies of the light detector. Can we have some way that creating the light screen is a manual button click? Or, possibly link the one it creates so it knows not to create more?
Third, any additional light screens that are created are opaque and are clearly visible in the scene.

Hey, I'm currently trying to use the latest version plug-in in VaM 1.20.0.10 desktop mode.

Firstly, it doesn't seem to effect the pupils no matter how I effect the light.
Second, if I save the scene and then reload it, the plug-in creates an additional LightDetector-*****. Since I am a scene creator, I save often, so that can lead to many copies of the light detector. Can we have some way that creating the light screen is a manual button click? Or, possibly link the one it creates so it knows not to create more?
Third, any additional light screens that are created are opaque and are clearly visible in the scene.
Thanks for the report. I am currently working on a fix.

@ClubJulze sorry about the trouble. Try version 8 here. Remove all of the rogue image panels and this should not do that anymore.

Back
Top Bottom