Auto Pupil PluginLike this? Consider gifting the community a creation in my name or even a private gift to me.
* I choose not to have a Patreon (love all you who do)
Add this plugin to a Person.
Play with lights. Make the person blink. The pupils will react.
- Any light intensity on face works: scene lights, global ambient, skybox
- Shadows are taken into account
- Light color also a factor. Human perceived brightness of certain colors over others is taken into account.
Add this to a Person atom
* If you Show Hidden atoms, you may notice a strange LightDetector-FFFF atom. This plugin made that so no touchy
Brightness Poll Delay
How frequently (in seconds) to calculate the amount of light around the eyes. Lower is more responsive but harder on the FPS (by about 3-4). Default: 0.25 which is right in the range of a real delay our eyes have when reacting to light.
Light Adjust Within
How long (in seconds) the pupil contract animation should take when adjusting to more light. Making this smaller will make pupils move faster. Larger value makes movement more smooth.
Dark Adjust Within
How long (in seconds) the pupil dilate animation should take when adjusting to a less light. Making this smaller will make pupils move faster. Larger value makes movement more smooth.
Idle: Adjust Over Seconds
When light is not changing, pupils can idle randomly. This Is how fast the pupil changes (in seconds) happen when idling. Making this smaller will make pupils move faster. Larger value makes movement more smooth.
The maximum amount +/- the pupil dilation morph will randomly change (in absolute morph value changes) when idling. Keep this value really small unless you want the eyes to go crazy.
Turn this down to 0 to basically disable idling.
Idle: Next Random Run
The maximum amount of time (in seconds) to wait before playing the next idle animation.