AudioMate
Essential plugin! I always use it in my scenes. But for some reason I can't save collections. Gives an error message (Version 14) :

!> AudioMate: Exporting collection failed: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at AudioMate.TriggerManager.AllCollectionTriggerActions (System.String collectionName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AudioMate.TriggerManager.GetJSON (System.String collectionFilter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AudioMate.ScreenSaveLoad.ExportFileSelected (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

@dub Found the issue. It is impossible to save collection if there is a collision trigger in the scene.

I’m looking for a way to use a UI button to trigger a collection , and two others to move back and forth between the tracks in a particular collection. Goal is to load a bunch of long female audio tracks up into already existing scenes with animation from creators, and switch the audio track depending on the scene action. I’m also using UIAssist like a few others here.

Intent is to use Audiomate plugin as a session preset with a loaded collection, and be able to move up and down in the playlist using buttons I load in to scene,( or key bindings if that would work instead and be easier).

I just can’t figure out how to target the UI button to affect the Audiomate plugin. Can I give it a track forward track back command? If anyone can point me to a scene that does this to look at or suggest a tutorial on making buttons affect plugins like Audiomate ( and what options there are to affect plugins) I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

I’m looking for a way to use a UI button to trigger a collection , and two others to move back and forth between the tracks in a particular collection. Goal is to load a bunch of long female audio tracks up into already existing scenes with animation from creators, and switch the audio track depending on the scene action. I’m also using UIAssist like a few others here.

Intent is to use Audiomate plugin as a session preset with a loaded collection, and be able to move up and down in the playlist using buttons I load in to scene,( or key bindings if that would work instead and be easier).

I just can’t figure out how to target the UI button to affect the Audiomate plugin. Can I give it a track forward track back command? If anyone can point me to a scene that does this to look at or suggest a tutorial on making buttons affect plugins like Audiomate ( and what options there are to affect plugins) I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!
Hey there!
Thanks for the feedback.
There currently isn't a way to play the previous clip in a collection right now. You can only play the next clip, if you disable shuffle mode for that collection.
But being able to play the previous track by triggering an action absolutely makes sense. I'll try to implement that function in the upcoming version.

dub updated AudioMate with a new update entry:

Audio Mate version 18

Here is the newest AudioMate version. I've completely rewritten the trigger system and added some powerful new features.

Since AudioMate now doesn't use the trigger actions of the Person Atom it is attached to, you wont see your previously created trigger actions in AudioMate anymore - but they will still work. I still recommend to delete those trigger actions manually and create new ones in AudioMate, if you want to update your scenes.

Backup your scenes before...

Read the rest of this update entry...

always look forward to your updates and improvements! very functional plugin. thanks.

Perfect update to v18, wonderful, thank you ;)

I had to repeat myself: the only thing I am missing ist to have custom collision triggers built in. I have to overcome this with i.e. ExtraTriggers everytime, because the few standard ones are just too less, no biggie anyway.

At least with the latest version, multi-collections seem now to save and load reliable, I always had issues before (i.e. loading with multiple collections only loaded one collection).

I still have to find a usecase for the volume triggered morphs. Many morphs (like i.e. smiles) concurrent with the triggered head audio when using Lipsynch, they fight each other for strange results. But in general, this is a great addition. Would be nice to trigger the morphs alone, with no audio. This way you could add them to a collection with i.e. moans and they should play random (like: moan1, moan5, morph (no audio, just the morph), moan12 etc…)

Dub, thanks so much for considering my suggestion Re forward/back playlist! I’m having a strange problem though with v18. Screenshot attached. I can’t seem to add any files, and only the first tab is showing.

I downloaded from the hub, and the var is visible in the Addons folder. I chose the Audiomate.cs file in the folder to load the plugin.

Thanks for making such a great plugin, and any fixes you can suggest!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-11 202515.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-11 202515.png
    332.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-12-11 202408.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-11 202408.png
    349 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-12-11 202607.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-11 202607.png
    660.6 KB · Views: 0
Dub, thanks so much for considering my suggestion Re forward/back playlist! I’m having a strange problem though with v18. Screenshot attached. I can’t seem to add any files, and only the first tab is showing.

I downloaded from the hub, and the var is visible in the Addons folder. I chose the Audiomate.cs file in the folder to load the plugin.

Thanks for making such a great plugin, and any fixes you can suggest!
Thank you for your feedback!
Looking at your screenshots, you are trying to add AudioMate as a session plugin - am I right?
Because that is not supported by now. I have actually never tried it and should add a message, that informs the user about this.

I know, at this point it would make sense to have it as a session/scene plugin and I will definitely take a look at that option.
But for now you'll need to load it to a Person Atom. You can still use it as an audio player for other AudioSources though.

I still have to find a usecase for the volume triggered morphs. Many morphs (like i.e. smiles) concurrent with the triggered head audio when using Lipsynch, they fight each other for strange results. But in general, this is a great addition. Would be nice to trigger the morphs alone, with no audio. This way you could add them to a collection with i.e. moans and they should play random (like: moan1, moan5, morph (no audio, just the morph), moan12 etc…)
Thank you!
Using lipsync and the volume triggered morphs in AudioMate simultaneously can lead to several issues. That's because the morph triggers in AudioMate are meant to be a replacement for lip syncing.
When two plugins both use the same morphs and both try to force the value of that morph, it will always generate problems.
So at the moment I would recommend to only use one of the plugins.
If you are missing certain lip syncing options in AudioMate the other plugin offers, I can take a look at it and add more functionality. You would just have to tell me which plugin you are using.

Morph collections are actually a pretty cool idea. The only reason why I'm a bit hesitant towards that, is that this feature would be one that has absolutely nothing to do with audio. AudioMate should become a swiss army knife for everything audio, but I don't want it to become a general tool for controlling characters.

I still think this is an excellent idea, so maybe I'll just put it into a new plugin. Maybe with a link option to be able to link those morph collections to audio collections in AudioMate or something like that.
No promise here that this will ever happen, but I'll take a closer look at it - that I can promise ;)

Last edited:
Ok, I couldn't think so straight it seems, thanks for the clarification ;)

I just tieid it without lipsynch and added "Mouth Open" as volume triggered morph. This works pretty good with the correct multiplier and blend options. Which morph would you recommend for best LipSynch-like usage?
Or are there any other lipsynching settings in your plugin which I completely oversee all the time?

Nevertheless, since the last update this will go into my standard plugin presets, and in the future I will let handle AudioMate all the person audios. No more RandomSound bricks and triggers anymore.
So, now I have to start making collections for re-use in future scenes! Thx again for your great work and dedication.

Btw, the idea with session/scene preset is a good one, thanks for looking into it.

Thanks for your kind words!
There aren't any settings in AudioMate that aim specifically at lip syncing. But I think the morph system already offers a lot of flexiblity.
I don't think there's one certain morph that will fit all possible lip syncing needs. So I would just adapt the morphs to what is happening in the scene right now.
You can add as many morphs as you want and they are exclusively tied to a collection. So I could imagine splitting up your voiceovers into parts and putting each of that parts into a single collection. You could then set up morphs according to what is happening.
For example: combine a worrying eyebrows morph with the mouth open morph, if someone talks worried. Add a subtle smile to the open mouth morph, so it looks like someone is talking in a friendly way. Use a scream morph and combine it with an angry eyebrows morph if someone is upset and arguing loud.
And so on... :)

Also remember that you can set the min and max values of a morph in the volume triggered morph settings. Its that little button with a pen to the right of each morphs title. So you can finetune every morph and even use them for completely different cases. A pain morph can look very lustful if you combine it with closed eyes, a subtle smile and set a low max value.

A quick update: The hint texts seem to be cut off in the latest version. Will be fixed asap - just in case someone came here because the hints do not make any sense to them ;)

Hey there, I've been using this plugin for a bit and I love it. In this new update however, it seems like if I add the plugin to an atom and create a collection of sounds and then save the scene and close VaM (or load something else.) The collection will be gone once I load the scene back. I found out that if I create a new collection and then go back to the first Untitled one, it's back. But the name isn't saved either. I hope this gets fixed soon because this plugin is very useful 😬

Hey there, I've been using this plugin for a bit and I love it. In this new update however, it seems like if I add the plugin to an atom and create a collection of sounds and then save the scene and close VaM (or load something else.) The collection will be gone once I load the scene back. I found out that if I create a new collection and then go back to the first Untitled one, it's back. But the name isn't saved either. I hope this gets fixed soon because this plugin is very useful 😬
Thanks for the report! Gonna check that out asap.

I was not able to reproduce the error you're describing. I was loading the default scene, added 2 collections with clips, saved it and reloaded it. Works as expected.

Does the problem occur for you in the default scene if AudioMate is the only plugin?
If not, then its most probably some sort of interaction between another plugin and AudioMate.

Either you try to find out which plugin is the reason for these problems or you send me the scene, and I'll take a look at it.
If you want to try it, then the best way to find the problem would be to remove one plugin after the other from the scene. Save and reload the scene after each removal. As soon as AudioMate starts to work as expected again, the last plugin you removed is the one that seems to cause the problem.

I'm pretty sure I can fix the issue, if I know which plugin causes it.

I was not able to reproduce the error you're describing. I was loading the default scene, added 2 collections with clips, saved it and reloaded it. Works as expected.

Does the problem occur for you in the default scene if AudioMate is the only plugin?
If not, then its most probably some sort of interaction between another plugin and AudioMate.

Either you try to find out which plugin is the reason for these problems or you send me the scene, and I'll take a look at it.
If you want to try it, then the best way to find the problem would be to remove one plugin after the other from the scene. Save and reload the scene after each removal. As soon as AudioMate starts to work as expected again, the last plugin you removed is the one that seems to cause the problem.

I'm pretty sure I can fix the issue, if I know which plugin causes it.

Actually you're right it seems like it only did that once. It's not doing it anymore so I'm guessing it was caused by something else on that scene. I have however another issue now (tho maybe it's caused by something else still). But it seems like if I make a collection and then use something to play a random clip from the selection, it will never pick the last one in that collection. If I add another sound to it, it will pick anything but that new one again. But like I said. I tried to open a new scene with AudioMate as the only plugin and this happens still.

Actually you're right it seems like it only did that once. It's not doing it anymore so I'm guessing it was caused by something else on that scene. I have however another issue now (tho maybe it's caused by something else still). But it seems like if I make a collection and then use something to play a random clip from the selection, it will never pick the last one in that collection. If I add another sound to it, it will pick anything but that new one again. But like I said. I tried to open a new scene with AudioMate as the only plugin and this happens still.
Ok, thank you! Gonna take a look at it.

dub updated AudioMate with a new update entry:

Audio Mate version 20

This usually would have been a pure bugfixing release. But since I already proceeded with the development of AudioMate in the meantime and didn't want to roll back much of the code, I decided to include a feature that was originally planned for the next bigger release.

It's called Collection Layers.
The concept is pretty simple: you can assign a layer, which is basically just a number, to each collection. If that collection gets triggered, it only plays if no other collection on a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

But it seems like if I make a collection and then use something to play a random clip from the selection, it will never pick the last one in that collection. If I add another sound to it, it will pick anything but that new one again.
This should be fixed now. :)

Thank you for all the hard work - the plugin is a great addition. I had a question about morphs - none of them show up for me in the Volume Triggered Morph section. It displays 0/0 in the box next to filter and when I click on the gray box underneath (which has the word "none" in it) there are no choices available. In your video tutorial, there were a number available to select from the start without having to add them. How do I populate the morph selection to work with your plugin? Also, can I load up other existing morphs, like AshAuryn's expressions?

Back
Top Bottom