Assets Double Vision Bug in VR

Noc_This

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Twitter
NocThis18
Double vision bug in one of my assets pointed out by a user, basically the asset renders perfectly in one eye and distorts the asset to the side in the other eye, I tried researching on the subject, but I didn't get results in my attempts at correction.
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem? I don't have VR and it's hard for me to troubleshoot the problem on my own.
20230420142440_1_vr.jpg

I've experienced this. Do you have any scene plugins enabled? Sometimes the effects stuff seems to have bad medicine in VR.

The person who did the test did it in a clean scene and still had the same problem, I tried to change the shade in Unity and the problem persists.

In my case, it occured when the Unity's toolbar "Edit -> Project Settings -> Player -> Virtual Reality Supported", turned "OFF" then "Build" assetbundle.
And with turned it "ON", asset was made with parallax.
I hope it helps.

The Unity project you import assets from needs to have the correct settings when you build the AssetBundle.
E.g. use the example project that comes with this guide:

In my case, it occured when the Unity's toolbar "Edit -> Project Settings -> Player -> Virtual Reality Supported", turned "OFF" then "Build" assetbundle.
And with turned it "ON", asset was made with parallax.
I hope it helps.
Thank you, for some reason the option is really disabled, I've been using the same project as the base for my assets for some time, and it hasn't caused this problem, and I remember having configured this base using MacGruber's tutorial, indicated by him below, something else happened I might have to review my other assets to confirm he isn't having the same issue.

The Unity project you import assets from needs to have the correct settings when you build the AssetBundle.
E.g. use the example project that comes with this guide:
Thanks MacGruber I remember creating the base project for my resources using your tutorial but for some reason maybe testing something or another issue got it set up incorrectly. I'm going to take your advice and download the sample project and use it as a base from now on.

I think the tutorial doesn't mention what the settings actually are that differ from Unity defaults...but looked them up again in the old Reddit-Wiki:
  • Set project Color Space to Linear to get proper lighting. This is found in Edit->Project Settings->Player. Then click Other Settings tab. Set Color Space->Linear (default is Gamma)
  • Turn on VR support and set to single pass. This is found in Edit->Project Settings->Player. Then click XR Settings tab. Click Virtual Reality Support checkbox. The set Stereo Rendering Method->Single Pass.

Just in case you didn't fix it yet. You forgot to enable VR support.

In Unity it's under Edit > Project Settings > Player

You need to tick Virtual Reality Supported and change Stereo Rendering Method to Single Pass and they will work in VR aswell.

Back
Top Bottom