Question Any guide to create body morph from obj/blender model -> daz -> Vam?

Hi @insistent,
I have written many answers to questions regarding this, and it always took me more than an hour each (which I have not atm). So please excuse me for keeping it short now:
First, as you may know, you can't edit or change the VaM base figures directly.
You can only do this by morphs.
VaM and DAZ3d Genesis 2 morphs are compatible.
To create morphs with a 3D tool, you will need the Morph Loader from DAZ.
There are indeed only a few righteous tutorials for VaM how to do this,
but there are many tutorials for DAZ3d on how to use the DAZ Morph Loader.
So you may want to search for DAZ tutorials instead, and once you have created a propper DAZ Genesis 2 morph,
you can simply copy it over to VaM.
I hope this helps a bit and can show you the right direction.

Upvote 0
Here are some tutorials I have found at the "Ressources/Guides" section:

Upvote 0
Just remember when doing your morphs to set the figures to 0 subdivisions / base resolution before exporting. Otherwise, you'll spend hours creating a great morph on a default export, and won't be able to import it back in. Been there.

Upvote 0
Just remember when doing your morphs to set the figures to 0 subdivisions / base resolution before exporting. Otherwise, you'll spend hours creating a great morph on a default export, and won't be able to import it back in. Been there.
Yes, this is a very common error... and very easy to forget!
I suggest to follow the tutorials very closely, and if you have exported a (working) Genesis 2 standard figure as .obj for one time, you can use this .obj file forever for other morph projects.
Please also mind to not add or delete even a single vertice in the edit process (only use mesh deformation tools)... and of course, don't apply mesh smoothing in Blender or ZBrush: The DAZ morph loader is absolutely merciless!!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom