Question Daz Genesis 2 Morph to VAM

mantronix6

Reactions
I am a newbie, I have Daz. My question is once I've created a character morph in Daz and located it, I noticed when I found it that a DSON file has been created. What do I do next to get the character morph to show up in VAM?

Hi, for VaM you will need a .DSF morph file from DAZ. I suppose, you have a single (or head/body) morph file and not a character that is created by using multiple morphs. In both cases, if you don't have a .DSF file, or a created character, export it as OBJ and re import it in DAZ with the build in morph creator. Please ask if you have detailed questions on this.

Once you have a proper Genesis 2 .DSF file in DAZ, just copy it over to VaM in the following folder: ...\yourVAMfolder\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female(or male). You have to restart VaM to see the new morph.

For better sorting, you can open the .DSF file with a text editor and change the "region" : "xxx" to a location you want it to appear. If you can't open it, just unpack it with a ZIP tool. VaM creates automaticaly two additional files for your morph with the first run, so you better edit the .DSF before that first run, or simply delete the two additional files (.vmb and .vmi).

BUT: Don't be too disappointed, the morph will never look the same like in DAZ for some reasons. VaM is doing for instance a lot of smoothing and other stuff, that will iron out many fine details, and so on. Best way is to use the DAZ morph and then edit the persons look in VaM until you are somewhat satisfied. You could try to lower the VaM smoothing in the settings, but most of the time this makes things worse.

Upvote 0
Hi, for VaM you will need a .DSF morph file from DAZ. I suppose, you have a single (or head/body) morph file and not a character that is created by using multiple morphs. In both cases, if you don't have a .DSF file, or a created character, export it as OBJ and re import it in DAZ with the build in morph creator. Please ask if you have detailed questions on this.

Once you have a proper Genesis 2 .DSF file in DAZ, just copy it over to VaM in the following folder: ...\yourVAMfolder\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female(or male). You have to restart VaM to see the new morph.

For better sorting, you can open the .DSF file with a text editor and change the "region" : "xxx" to a location you want it to appear. If you can't open it, just unpack it with a ZIP tool. VaM creates automaticaly two additional files for your morph with the first run, so you better edit the .DSF before that first run, or simply delete the two additional files (.vmb and .vmi).

BUT: Don't be too disappointed, the morph will never look the same like in DAZ for some reasons. VaM is doing for instance a lot of smoothing and other stuff, that will iron out many fine details, and so on. Best way is to use the DAZ morph and then edit the persons look in VaM until you are somewhat satisfied. You could try to lower the VaM smoothing in the settings, but most of the time this makes things worse.

Cool that worked! Thank you I tried it and you are right, the final morph is not great, in fact a little warped, but it does get the eye, nose and mouth heights correct and if I dial the morph down in VAM it can easily be reworked to my liking. I have exported the morphs from Daz and also from FaceGen and got them to work now, thanks very much! The key is where to find the morphs and where they are exported to from Daz or Facegen and then importing them to VAM. The same for textures they can be imported. Nice one!

Upvote 0
Glad that I could be of some help. To make it a lot easier next time, I suggest to create simple Windows shortcuts to the different folder locations. So you don't have to search through subfolders every time. VaM can't "see" those shortcuts from within the app (only Hard Links).

Upvote 0
Glad that I could be of some help. To make it a lot easier next time, I suggest to create simple Windows shortcuts to the different folder locations. So you don't have to search through subfolders every time. VaM can't "see" those shortcuts from within the app (only Hard Links).
Very good suggestion, thanks very much!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom