• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Solved About version numbers and dates next to resource names and How to delete or update resources that have been uploaded to vam hub?

zqwvc

Reactions
Question:

If you watch carefully, you will find that when downloading something on the vam hub web page, there is sometimes a version number of the resource next to the resource name, such as: 1, 2, 3. But sometimes, there is a date next to the resource name, for example: 2023-10-10.

So what determines this? Is it determined by the meta.json in the .var file?

If a version of the resource I uploaded is abnormal, how should I delete it, or overwrite it with a new normal resource of the next version?

Solution
Question:

If you watch carefully, you will find that when downloading something on the vam hub web page, there is sometimes a version number of the resource next to the resource name, such as: 1, 2, 3. But sometimes, there is a date next to the resource name, for example: 2023-10-10.

If a version of the resource I uploaded is abnormal, how should I delete it, or overwrite it with a new normal resource of the next version?

If a user forgets to include a version number in the "version number" field when they are uploading a resource (or version), then the system will automatically append the current date as the version number.

If the system detects...
You can ignore it.
Basically resource page version, it has nothing todo with var package. More or less it's extra cosmetic info that helps organizing resource page (history tab).

Only real importance is package version (and name),
new updates should use same name and higher number than one already uploaded/attached to resource page.

To anyone non familiar:
You have option to manually type version when creating new resource page (with attachment) or updating existing one (with "release a new version").
If left empty create/update date is used.

Once uploaded and live, you can't... you can only remove previous version on history tab and that's all control you have.
Obviously you can't delete most recent/current version, but you can delete entire resource, if that helps. :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: What I meant by "cosmetic info"
It's more of a internal use case, doesn't actually affect hub. Look at Timeline history tab. Version 6.3.1 is package 283 and v4.2.0 is 210.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Question:

If a user forgets to include a version number in the "version number" field when they are uploading a resource (or version), then the system will automatically append the current date as the version number.

If the system detects any errors with your version number, such as letters, spaces, improper characters, then it should default to the latest version available.

Generally, the system will consider the order-of-upload when determining what is an earlier version and what is a later version. You cannot re-upload an older version, because it will become the newest version, unfortunately.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom